You know you're addicted to Salsa if.....

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by RugKutta, Aug 12, 2004.

1. super_tuga

super_tuga Tumbao

While doing grocery shopping, test if the floor slides... If it does, do a couple of shines.

Smejmoon, Slowdance, EMOYENO and 2 others like this.
  2. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

She was surprised that i knew so many bands from Colombia, and thought I was possibly latino, and then I asked where she was from and she said Cali. I had to let her know that its on my list of places to visit as a salsero

3. Idalis

Idalis Son

I am contemplating sneaking into my gym's yoga room to practice my spins. My kitchen is too small and the wooden floor there is awesome....you don't think they'll throw me out do ya, its fitness?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    EMOYENO likes this.
  4. Idalis

Idalis Son

You try to reconcile how you will devote your time between salsa and the new guy you're dating if it gets serious. Join a performance group, that way he only sees you dancing with 1 guy as opposed to several in a given night, alleviating the drama. Naw, seriously, I'm going to stop social dancing? recalculating.........

Salsaurus Mex likes this.
  5. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

You try going to a tango practica. It's so boring and annoying that you HAVE to go salsa dancing afterwards!

EMOYENO and Salsaurus Mex like this.
  6. You take a ballroom dance class and look at all your classmates with pity.

Idalis and EMOYENO like this.
  7. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

I do that at my gym. I take my bluetooth speakers and my mp3. I dont care who's looking, they all think is zumba anyway lol

Salsaurus Mex likes this.
  8. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

been there, done that!! I had a boyfriend who was a salsero, the best time ever.
    Now... I dont take anyone to my salsa socials. Its my space, my friends, my time!!!!

Slowdance and Idalis like this.
  9. When you find a shirt you like for dancing you buy two so you can change shirts in the parking lot midway through the night.

azana and EMOYENO like this.
  10. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

- you only listen to salsa 24/7
    - friends ask you to hangout with them and you're question is automatic "is there salsa?"
    - you only listen to salsa radio stations (www.zeta93.fm)
    - most of your friends are from the salsa scene
    - you've converted all your friends to dance salsa at some point

11. Idalis

Idalis Son

Nice!

12. Dalaran1991

Dalaran1991 Son Montuno

When your friends start to think you are creepy because you keep muttering to yourself 123 567

You lose the ability to do math if it involves numbers bigger than 8

Anything that is a multiple of 4 doesn't have any meaning to you.

Whenever people ask you to go out/set up an appointment you check your salsa calendar first.

You dance during martial art class and freak Sensei out.

Slowdance likes this.
  13. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

When you are typing "on" with your phone and the predictive typing suggests on1 and on2...

14. meeks

meeks Changui

You are walking on the street listening to salsa on headphones, and when someone stops short in front of you, instinctively do a back break step in timing with the music to avoid hitting them.

15. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

When you hear the neighbor playing a great salsa song and you start reaching to your computer (which is normally set on a salsa channel but is quiet at the moment) to try to turn up the volume so you can hear it better :D

16. Tambajoko

Tambajoko Changui

if you dream about it and live all day!!

17. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

You're on a work trip overseas and basically on call 24/7, but you couldn't resist packing dancing shoes. You know, just in case something starts happening in the hotel or out on the street, or...perhaps by bringing a pair of shoes I'll will something to happen...

Otherwise, I have a two month stretch with no access to a salsa social, and it feels like I need a life support system to help me get through this cruel challenge! As it is I don't get the chance to dance often, but right now I'm feeling so comfortable on the floor and am more focused and improving for the first time in years :) .

smiling28 likes this.
  18. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

You mean ADIDAS - All Day I Dream About Salsa ? :D

Kromat83, azana and smiling28 like this.
  19. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

At least I was able to buy a new skirt for dancing at the shopping centre in Braintree. That's something! In a couple of months, I'll actually be able to wear it :) .

20. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

I wonder if I've lost addiction or just getting weak. I'm not going out tonight to save strength for 3 nights of dancing till the morning. Ah, yeah, I'm on a sick leave.. must be it.