You know you're addicted to Salsa if.....

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by RugKutta, Aug 12, 2004.

1. MMaatttt

MMaatttt Shine Officer

When you keep catching yourself using your phone as a Clave and wonder if that's why it's playing up.

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Shine Officer

I think I found this on Netflix too, didn't watch far.

3. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

Good decision.;)

4. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

Not many quality opportunities to dance in my town. Especially not with the workload I have. You become so desperate for a hit (salsa, not hockey...)There is a very good party a week from now. However, I received a ball bash and a stick bash on my right foot today playing hockey (I'm the penalty corner runner. You have to race out from behind the line and tackle the hitter on the top of the circle as she lifts her stick to smash the ball. It's scary, it's dangerous, but it's also great being the spoiler :)) . All I could think was "No! I MUST be able to dance next weekend!"

It feels okay; should be right for Saturday. Please! :)

5. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

RICE's the word till Saturday! ;)

6. azana

Thanks, Mum. Icing it now :) .

7. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

...you're listening to Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" (this being one of the 10 or so non-Latin songs you listen to a year) and you find yourself trying to figure out if it's a 3/2 or 2/3 clave :D

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  8. You've got a bad knee but you suck it up to dance for hours still. Aleve is my friend!

!!! likes this.
  9. 2haveaball

2haveaball Changui

You are trying to use Salsa figures also in other dances...

owldancer likes this.
  10. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

You excitedly post on Facebook when you hear a salsa song being played at the local grocery store.

11. owldancer

owldancer Son Montuno

"How did that swing turn into salsa?!"

Well, it was not strictly salsa, but ahem, it looked more like salsa than swing...

Idalis and 2haveaball like this.
  12. Kading

Kading Rhythm Deputy

Going to exchange to another continent and the only thing I can think of is 'damnit my salsa skills will improve much slower there, my scene will improve without me in it, arghhhh I should cancel the whole trip'.

Idalis likes this.
  13. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

...you slept three hours last night before because you were working late, and you still go dancing tonight because Frankie Ruiz Jr. will be there :)

14. azana

I work on the edge of Melbourne, in the Surf Coast direction. On Friday night a colleague and I took off down the coast after work. The weekend weather was forecast to be hot, there was a music festival on and the house we rented was sooooo quiet and peaceful. She went off to the festival; I went for a long run along the beach and up to the lighthouse. We managed to get such a great, relaxing sleep. Saturday we visited friends and got a lot of marking done in the quiet beach house. Sunday was supposed to be even warmer, but I, er, drove back to Melbourne Saturday evening for SALSA!! She stayed. My friends couldn't understand. Sometimes I don't understand myself. However, with so few opportunities for me to dance, no way was I going to miss one. It wasn't the best party I've been to, but I made worth it, chasing down and asking guys and making the most of it.

15. You keep a salsa diary of every night out .

16. You are stopped at the stoplight and practicing your shoulder shimmy and the people in the
    car look at you like you're crazy.

Idalis and EMOYENO like this.
  17. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

Heres one for SF:
    on my recent, first time visit to Amsterdam, of course I have to see the infamous red light district. I hear one of the workers telling a group of guys shes Colombian, and then i stop and ask her what she thinks of joe arroyo, fruko y sus tesos, la-33...

beat that!

super_tuga likes this.
  18. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

I've done that all the time.!!!! subway station, elevator, lobby of work.

19. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

your co-workers asking you which & where all the good latin clubs are around town. yet you've only lived there 3 years, as to them living there always!!

20. Salsa Student

Salsa Student Pattern Police

What was her response?