Why does dance attract soo many feminist?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Maise Salsa, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca El Sabroso de Conguero

I don't think it distorts what people say. Well occasionally sure, but generally it offers an insight into who someone is.

2. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

It picks the most scandalous and popular perspective and/or from the bubble, you're already inside. Facebook does twist information a lot.

Chris_Yannick likes this.
  3. DJ Yuca

Please explain. I agree that FB lets people surround themselves with information that supports their preexisting beliefs, and it gives propagandists the opportunity to present lies as fact. But does it twist what people say? If someone writes something on FB then yes, maybe it is written in the heat of the moment and on reflection it is not what they believe, but generally what people write on their reflects their beliefs.

LarsM likes this.
  4. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that granrey uses terms like that, seemingly out of the blue. Waiting for pepe memes.

5. timmer

timmer Changui

You got me. I react to your troll. It is my first post here. I am an outsider but my brother lives in the U.S. so I get a bit of what is going on on Facebook over there and we got the same thing here in Europe.
    Did you ever look at what verbal diaria right wing a..h.... are posting? What is up with the double standards?
    Why can you guys do that and expect the rest of us to keep quit?
    Second why do you even dance or listen to salsa if you are a racist? And please do not make excuses by saying you are not. We all know better.

6. DJ Yuca

Hypocrisy. One of the chief propagandists for the 'alt right' is infatuated with Nazis yet is a gay Jew married to a black man, so this is small potatoes in comparison.

7. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

Huh??? Lots of LGBTQ in salsa in the US if the scene is in a liberal city. No idea what happens in conservative cities. I don't venture out of my liberal bubble :D:D.

Smejmoon likes this.
  8. Winston

Winston Descarga

:troll:
    Trump will built a wall against salsa and bachata, because it's mexican. You know it, because of the lyrics are mostly in spanish. And it's taking away jobs from american style music and american style dance teachers. Mexico will pay for it.

Trump will also implement extreme vetting for salsa and bachata dancers from abroad and deport all salsa and bachata dancers. It's for the safety of america. The Nice attacker was a salsa dancing radical terrorist.

Trump calls kizomba dancers s.o.b.'s because they were protesting on facebook about the low status their dance gets compared to other dance styles.
    :troll:

Offbeat and Smejmoon like this.
  9. DJ Yuca

You really think he knows what language they speak in Mexico? Let alone what salsa or bachata are.

10. Winston

Winston Descarga

He knows the word "bad hombre" and probably watches dancing with the stars. :troll:

11. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

Correction: "bad hambre":rolleyes::D

12. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Welcome trimmer!
    So are you dancing with people who hold conflicting beliefs than you? And what if they're pretty or good and popular?

What church do you belong to the One, the Second coming, Cuban? Do you give in to k*zomba?

13. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

Interestingly, here, in Israel, we use the N word (the European type of N) very lightly and casually. I.E: To describe a teacher who gives a lot of homework.

Similarly, one can say that the homework was "a holocaust", if it was (even just remotely!) hard.

So seeing members here, shocked by this word is something I find very intriguing.

This reminds me of another thread here, where someone referred to dark skinned people as "monkeys": Some members were very furious (and serious) about it, but he couldn't get why his light-joke even happened to hurt others' feelings.

Perhaps where granrey comes from - "Feminazi" is a casual term. (Here, BTW, it is).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  14. Dissonant Harmony

I was sarcastic;
    In the header - he inquired why Salsa attracts so many feminists. (It does? I never noticed).

Then, instead of discussing that matter, he took it as a given and proceeded to saying why this is "bad" (Oh no! They saw something on my FB and now they don't like me), and also offered a "solution" that doesn't even seem to solve anything. So I ended up not understanding what Maise is even trying to ask...So to sum up:

1) No, I don't know why Salsa attracts so many feminists.

2) I'm not even sure it does...

3) And if it does, I'm not even convinced it's an issue.

4) And if it is, I clearly don't understand how the offered solution solves anything...

5) I don't even understand what this thread is about, or what the purpose of it is...

Chris_Yannick likes this.
  15. Peason

Peason Son

Are you saying he should have gotten away with it?
    Because after all, "monkeys" is probably a casual term in his circles.

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  16. Dissonant Harmony

*For a TL;DR - scroll down.

---

I'm not defending anyone, as I believe one should be very cautious (with words) when talking to strangers, on the net...Especially if they live in a different country...

Yet, I do want to inform you, that there are places when such words are taken very lightly...

Here - many Yemenis / Ehopieans here may jokingly call themselves"monkeys". (Or even be called that way, in a friendly manner), by others, and no one would raise an eyebrow...

Same goes for our equivalent word of the N-word (that describes "colored" people), or even the N-word itself.

And also, for the word: "Nazi".
    In fact, someone has even made a (funny) song to open people's eyes to how we lost respect to that word. (Because we use it THAT casually, without even giving it a thought).

Rough Translation (with some very minimal adjustments):
    In other words: I can understand why such words evoke some serious responses...
    But I can very easily relate to granrey (and to the one who said: "Chimpanzees", I don't even remember who that was), and understand what they wouldn't even think that such words may be a serious matter to others.

-I once played an online game, with a voice-chat, with 4 guys I had not known before. Once I realized there all were German (and they realized I was a Jew), I started telling a Holocaust-related joke. They DID NOT find it funny. (and this time, not because Germans lack sense of humor :rolleyes:).
    This was VERY surprising for me...
    I mean - I once told my grandmother a holocaust-joke. She gave me a serious look for a moment, I bowed my head and apologized, and then she burst in a laugher.
    To quote: "Sweety, what was surviving this worth for, if I can't even joke about it?"
    My grandmother, a Holocaust survivor, can tolerate (and sometimes even laugh of) holocaust jokes - yet those germans felt very uncomfortable with it.

-It was also a surprise for me - to heat that the N-word can be serious business in America.
    Yes, with its history of slavery and discrimination, and very hard work of people in order to change things - I can understand why this is serious.
    But I hadn't thought about that word that way before It "hit" me. (On other boards, where someone used it).

-And now, I recall this (2:14):

It's only when I saw that video - that I gave saying the "F-word" near kids a thought.
    People here say it (when things go wrong) all the time. It's not a Hebrew word; it's completely devoided of its original meaning here. Even kids use it. They clearly got no clue...I definitely do not say vulgar words (in Hebrew) when kids are nearby...And if such a word was to be "on the verge of my tongue" - I would notice it, feel its "heaviness", be alert and pay attention to what I'm saying...But The "F-word" has never been at the same level of "vulgarness" for me, until then. (which is, when...last year?)

---

TL;DR:

-No, I do not think that saying such harsh words here, was okay.
    -But I do think that what those posters used them, not out of vulgarness, or boldness - but out of ignorance and mostly - Naivete.

manzanadulce likes this.
  17. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

We use "nazi" pretty lightly here too, and in the same way (I get the Isreal reference in case it wasn't clear :) )! But somehow, "feminazi" is still derogatory to me. I'm not shocked by the word, but ime it's used almost entirely by right wing/alt right/so-called men's rights/ type of guys. And it fits into the pattern of granrey's posting in general.

I can get why people use words wrong, especially when most of the people they're discussing with are from another culture (i.e. prescribes a different meaning to the same words) AND it's not someone's native language. Having said that, if you insist on using "monkeys" or similar words in the face of people saying that you really shouldn't - that I have no sympathy with.

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  18. Dissonant Harmony

I'm not quite sure I understood you here. Can you please rephrase/explain? :hungover:

I don't like the use of this word.
    (I also don't like the people it usually refers to, but that's actually a different matter).

"Insist" is the key.
    For the first time, if I'm ignorant to the matter, out of naivety - I may (accidentally) say something that hurts people.
    -But once being standing corrected - I won't insist on keeping using it just "because where I come from - that's fine".

LarsM likes this.
  19. granrey

granrey Tumbao

Being a feminist or a men's right avocate is good and pretty much imposible to notice on the dance floor. Because pretty much this is normal people.

However, a misogomist or a feminazi is bad and easier to spot. As they both think they are above others.....

The problem is that today wolves try to mascarde as sheeps and some people think that sheeps and wolves are the same thing.

This tread starts about "how salsa atracts feminists" which I can assure you he is calling the wolf with the name of a sheep.

20. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

This thread has moved away from dance discussion and hence has been judged to be no longer a viable 'Just Dance' thread. It's showing potential for offensive comments to be made, and therefore will be currently locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.