Whom have you danced with from SF?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Jambo, Jan 27, 2007.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Any plan for a trip to Europe GForce85? Our last dance was such a long time ago we need a refresher!

2. GForce85

GForce85 Rhythm Deputy

No plans in the foreseeable future, but if that changes I'll definitely let everyone know :). I owe you some good dances since the only ones we've had were back when I was still kind of a novice :oops:.

3. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

OK, looking at this thread I realized that I danced with quite a few SFers. Some of them are no longer active, and the interaction level varied a lot - from having just one dance at some event to… sleeping together every night! LOL, that would be with my husband, who’s on the list. I hope to meet some more SFers this spring when we’ll do some travelling. So here goes, in no particular order:

PielCanela
    Bolivicano
    Kading
    Mircop
    El Caobo
    Big 10
    SaborWut
    Myst
    Offbeat
    Desafinado
    TurqoiseHexagon
    SnowDancer
    GroovyMambo
    Salsa Student
    Al Israel
    MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  4. MacMoto

Adding GroovyMambo and Nika to my list - thanks for the dances! :)

GroovyMambo likes this.
  5. salsamarty

salsamarty Rhythm Deputy

Sigh . . . it's been too long since I've met up with anyone new from SF Forums. But I'm #64 on MacMoto's list. The last new SFer's I danced with was LondonGirl and Brownskin 2 yrs ago.

Oops. Not true. I think Azana was more recent.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

When I first joined the Forums, I didn't open this thread for a very long time, as I had thought "Now, who would I have danced with from San Francisco?"

duh...:)

salsamarty likes this.
  7. 123-567

123-567 Son

Quick question: How do SFers recognize each other? I did not read the 53 pages of lists, but is there a secret handshake? Let me tell you something, the last thing on my mind during a dance is to ask the lady's SF handle. Mods, please...

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  8. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Capitán Del Estilo

Normally they send each other PMs if they know that an SFer will be at an event (mainly congresses), also some SFers know each other personally from their local scenes. As an example I know a few SFers in NY, and when I go to events there (different socials), I will PM them on the forums or Facebook (There is a SF group on Facebook.)..hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    123-567 likes this.
  9. 123-567

123-567 Son

Thank you, sir! I hope FB matches them for me.

10. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Capitán Del Estilo

Tonight a really fun dance with MacMoto!!!

11. MacMoto

Thanks for the dances MAMBO_CEC and lidiap! :)

MAMBO_CEC and lidiap like this.
  12. HiJackSalsa

HiJackSalsa Son Montuno

how do u know when u meet someone from the interweb?

13. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Shine Officer

Usually, we contact each other via PM if we know we're going to be in the same place, send pictures or connect through Facebook so we know who's who.

HiJackSalsa likes this.
  14. HiJackSalsa

HiJackSalsa Son Montuno

ohhhh...that makes a lot of sense. i'll make sure i update my profile pic if i plan on meeting up with peeps or traveling. Thanks :D

Chris_Yannick likes this.
  15. Nuyorican

Nuyorican Son Montuno

Yep! Ella baile con mucho Sabor!!!

Sabrosura - I was the one who approached you last Thursday @ the La Clave Social and asked if you were a Salsa Forums member.

Thanks again for dancing with this beginner Sabs!

Smejmoon, MAMBO_CEC and Sabrosura like this.
  16. Sabrosura

Sabrosura Maestro 'Sonero' Lavoe

Great to meet you :)

La Clave was amazing, one of the best salsa nights I've ever been to, the music and atmosphere were on fire all night! And I was on fire all night too :D I'm going to remember that night for a looong time! :)

If you feel like some live music tonight, come to Taj, I went last week and it was really nice, it's gotten much better than it used to be.

17. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

Wow, my last post here is from 2012. How embarrassing! So, finally an update on my list.

New additions: SnowDancer and Offbeat. Thank you, guys, so much for the dances! I hope to see you again next year. :) Would be so great to have an even bigger group. This time I saw at least 8 SF-ers though a couple are not active anymore on the forums. There may have been more I don't know about. And even more in Warsaw. Does this mean that the (salsa) world is small or that SF is big? :D

SnowDancer and MacMoto like this.
  18. azana

I would say that it means Congress recommendations on SF are highly regarded :). We have so many wonderful posters with considerable experience in and passion for the dance, so their opinions carry much weight. I'm constantly learning through reading SF.

I'm sitting one below double figures for dances with SFers. Well, okay, I know I'm at the end of the world and hardly in the most desirable scene... :( Need to get back to Tokyo soon!

19. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

Try to fit in one of the good congresses. Highly recommended :)

You had me laughing out loud in the bed at 5.15am in the morning a few posts above @thread for dancing with San Fransicans :D

azana and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  20. azana

You know where I live, that I can't choose when I take holidays and so forth. I just have to grit my teeth when the rest of you cruelly talk about how good the latest European congress was and discuss good DJs abroad. Grrrr! :)