Which teachers have good websites for learning?

Discussion in 'Websites of Interest' started by jaybean2000, Mar 24, 2017.

1. jaybean2000

jaybean2000 Changui

I search for good teachers with classes on their website. maybe some teachers come together and share site - I think i see this somewhere, but now can't find.

or is there other kind of site with many salsa video i can learn at?

Thank you

2. DaveReading

DaveReading Changui

I used to believe that you can learn to dance salsa from videos and YouTube clips.

Now I know better.

terence and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  3. Hey! I just open a NEW youtube channel - with many full free tutorials on Footwork-Shines, Body Isolation and Spins! - you are welcome to check it out - I hope that l will be helpful for you!

you can search on youtube: "Marcus Body Coding" to get to my channel...

Take care, and have a great day!

Marisha and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  4. Why do you think you cant learn from videos? if you mind me asking

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  5. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

I guess it's less about how one can't learn (anything) from videos, and more about he should learn from a teacher who can give him feedback.
    This is especially true for beginners, who may think they understand things that they not, and risk developing bad habits.

In addition, there is no guarantee that the instruction on the net is clear and 'solid' enough: A student may misinterpret what he is seeing/hearing.
    In class, the instructor can see (on the students) when his instruction wasn't good enough - and fix it.

terence and Marcus Body Coding like this.
  6. Totally agree with what you said. I would not advise someone to learn his first steps from the internet - especially - when working with a partner - because as you also said - there are so many mistakes he can do when no one can correct him or her.

However - for an intermediate dancer who understands the basics very good - learning on YouTube can be very nice tool :)

Juanan likes this.
  7. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

The main problem with all vids is, you cannot ask questions !

Like techn books, they are a "guide " and interpretations can and often do lead (no pun ) to mis-understandings . And, it also largely depends upon the source of the info. as in by whom.

In addition, the nuance of movement is abstract .
    The more important point in vids IMO, is it opens the mind to explore and examine in more detail ( or should ! ) .

Juanan and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  8. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

I subscribed.:) Nice channel. Use a playlist tool on youtube to sort your videos.

9. Thanks for checking it out! I hope you will find it helpful...

Thanks for the tip about the playlists... matter of fact - I do have playlists in the channel - and they are visible ONLY in the HOME PAGE of the channel - since they are unlisted at the moment.

I will make them turn them public - one by one in the next few weeks - (it is mostly for the youtube algoritm.. )

but again - if you check out the homepage of the channel you will see everything very nicely organized...

https://www.youtube.com/c/MarcusBodyCoding

and thanks again!!

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  10. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Yes, you did a great job. I like the quality of your videos and how you organized them. You put a lot of effort. I started to watch them. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Marcus Body Coding likes this.
  11. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

You made several good videos about spins. I also found a video that can be interesting for you. Check it

Dissonant Harmony and terence like this.
  12. THANKS A LOT!!

13. I know this clip - it is very interesting!!
    I even used this part of the film in the breakdown I did in the 3 basic fundamentals of spins as well... :)

I didnt see this movie though - did you?

14. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

Do you have a partner at home?

15. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

I can recommend these guys, but it is not free. Good for beginners. Also, videos will never substitute high-quality feedback. So the best option is to take classes and additionally learn from the web.
    http://thedancedojo.com/

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  16. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

I also like this instructor.

Marcus Body Coding likes this.
  17. AccessBallroom

AccessBallroom Changui

check out youtube they have great stuff