Which Salsa Congresses Or Major Events Do You Plan To Attend in 2017?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MacMoto, Nov 11, 2016.

1. LarsM

LarsM Sonero

Ah, bummer (edit: maybe not the best choice of words :D). To be fair, it wouldn't be the first festival I would recommend on a budget anyway.

Considering Vienna in December - anyone been? http://viennasalsacongress.com/venue/

Dancing at a castle in Vienna near christmas sounds pretty sweet to me!

SnowDancer likes this.
  2. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

I'll be on a festival roll after I move back to Europe in August so I might come :) I love Vienna, and I spent Christmas and New Year's in Vienna a couple years ago and loved it :)

LarsM likes this.
  3. LarsM

LarsM Sonero

4. Smejmoon

Smejmoon Clave Commander

That does not apply. I bet you have danced in swimsuit, flippers, sunglasses on and all wet from sweat and some sand here and there. That's the context for beach parties.
    So you might get the same dancers from Paris dancing differently in different contexts.

Actually I saw one girl from you Paris video that went to Šibenik last year. :D

5. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

Yeah I have, in Cuba and DR, where both the beaches and the partners were better (in both dance skills and other qualities :) ) than they appear to be at the European beach festivals :p Plus the dancing was free there :) So yeah if I want beach dancing (of which I'm not a big fan, and not a fan of pool dancing either), I'll stick to Cuba and DR trips :p

6. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Rhythm Deputy

Vienna is a great city itself to visit.

The congress is one of the most expensive in Europe (almost Berlin-esque in pricing). I simply refuse to pay 40Euros and up for a party, especially if there's no live band.

I am constantly disappointed year after year from managerial decisions made by the organizers such as yearly venue changes, no selling of individual party tickets, etc... Last year they didn't even have a congress.

In previous years, there was dancing at the Christmas markets and knowing that the venue was really close by was part of its charm. This year they are moving the venue further away from the city centre, which I find again disappointing.

I will go again this year because I live 60 kms away from Vienna, but it is the only reason I am going.