Where to dance in Montreal?

Discussion in 'Member Reviews' started by mambonuel, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Brendan

Brendan Son

Thank you for your help. I'll do my best to post my impressions. The Saturday social sounds really good but we've a show to go to at 8pm so may not make it along for too long. The Caroline Paré event looks good too.

Brendan

2. tgharib

tgharib Changui

Thanks for the info. Are there any salsa events this Saturday after 8 pm?

3. TwoCentsTipper

TwoCentsTipper Rhythm Deputy

Hum! Nothing this coming saturday. At least not that I know of.

The thing with Montreal is that there are more than 50 salsa schools (no exaggeration), with one opening just last night, all the dancers are fragmented throughout the schools and it's very hard to find one good place to be and often two events the same time. There is another place that is picking up steam on Sundays from 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm which is at the Le social au Théâtre Rialto 5732 ave. du parc, Montréal.

Also, I just learned that the SalsaZOuk Wednesdays from now on will be held at the blue print 1438 rue Bleury instead of the Espace des arts.

4. Jannie

Jannie Changui

What about Tuesdays?

5. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

Hi everyone,

Some friends of mine will be in Montreal on July 11 and 12 and were wondering where they could go dancing--any recommendations? Thanks!

6. TwoCentsTipper

The Art of Mambo social was on Tuesday, but the new venue they moved to was arsoned two weeks ago so nothing on Tuesdays until further notice.

7. TwoCentsTipper

8. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

9. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Is there Salsa/Bachata in Montreal on Monday September 25th and Tuesday October 10th?