What's your favorite crazy Salsa Songs?

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by vendetta4v, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Yes Yes and again..... Yes

That's what I'm talking about...
    When!!! We want to have fun too
    i agree 100%

Now i understand That the Club owners and djs are trying to their best to make ppl come again and nothing makes a beginner shake his pants more then seeing a pro doing his magic stuff (and realizing just how much he's not perfect ) it's a horrifying experience but the one's who were born to dance will leave through that it will just amp them to get better. so i know all about that and i understand BUT...

We are not asking for much just a few songs is that too much... plus beginners like too dance on fast songs anyway since they don't have enough "tools" style and attitude to dance on a slow ones.

Bottom line it won't kill the club or the djs or the beginners... !!!or the pandas!!! :lol: just kidding to put some freaky fast songs a specially at the end of the night.

SWEAVO thnx for your comment appreciate.

2. yes of course, i wasn't talking about the regular salsa nights. I meant the ones that are full of great salsa dancers and by the way the places where there are a lot of great dancers beginners tend to evolve much quicker and like one guy here sad each music makes you feel different and makes you respond and dance different if you are listening to some kitschy crap that's how your dance is gonna look like i think that thats the most important thing you have to explain to beginners

3. desconocida

desconocida Descarga

Some of my alltime favourites to dance:
    Shirley's Guaguanco - Francisco Aguabella
    Haitian Lady - Willie Bobo
    Chaparro - Malanga murio
    Lebron Brothers - Lo tuyo llegara
    Orq. Flamboyan & Frankie Dante - Fujitiva

(seems like we could agree on the music choice with Slawek 8) )

As for "Pa'la Rumba" (though I really used to like this song!) - I'm glad I didn't come around djs who play this song socially ;) :lol:

4. bartolo

bartolo Son Montuno

Has anybody heard "the mischievous timbalero" by cachao??

5. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

No but I already love it! I will be googling tonight!

6. elanimal

elanimal Tumbao

There are 'levels' to the craziness. Anything above 220 bpm, to my knowledge, I've never heard in a social, ever. The fastest I've heard falls around the ballpark of "El Preso" by Fruko y sus Tesos, which is ~210 bpm. Thus, this song I would never hear at a social, because it clocks in at near 260 bpm. Makes a great performance song, though.

You might hear this at a social, though I never have. If only... it's not that bad, at ~213 bpm. Nice and short.

This one is around 213 bpm also.

Love this song too, 224 bpm so pretty much not doable social dancing. (turn down the volume at the end, especially if you're wearing headphones...)

I'll also second "Vámonos pal monte" by Eddie Palmieri with Ismael Quintana singing. Also really like "Pajarito" by Joe Bataan, awesome song.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    cachondea likes this.
  7. Yiannis

Yiannis Changui

• SNOWBOY Mambito
    really fast song! ;):sing::headphone::jimlad::hungover:

8. ctcmichael

ctcmichael Changui

The song itself wasn't too crazy, but doing shines to Ran Kan Kan (Great American Music Hall ver.) in the last workshop on the last day of a congress with the Latin Soul Dancers was pretty crazy - everyone cheered and moaned at the same time when it came on.

Yiannis likes this.
  9. RICKJDLT

RICKJDLT Descarga

Anabacoa - Grupo Folklorico Y Experimental

10. Justin James

Justin James Changui

I like Quimbara by celia cruz.

11. arsenio123

arsenio123 Changui

A Rumba-guaracha.....