Salsa open diary

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MacMoto, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

Within the show of course ?:)

Just read Sabs claiming Paris has best chocolate in Europe. I never heard of Paris being associated with chocolates :)

2. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

Dear diary:

Today someone told me I my walk is that of a majestic unicorn's.

3. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Dude, if there is something wealthy girl wants, it probably can be found in Paris.
    They have stores dedicated to each kind of candy, pastry and whatever unhealthy and sweet thing you can imagine.
    This is one of the few chocolate stores, I was bought to. Tinypic turned the image.
    [​IMG]

4. Offbeat

Chocolates can be found in almost every nook and corner of the world (and Europe)

But was above the best in Europe? :)

P.S. - chocolate from xyz place to me implies the chocolate made in xyz, not the chocolate from abc that can be purchased in xyz :D

5. Offbeat

Since unicorns never existed what was their walk like :)

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  6. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Oh, absolute best is just words. Best chocolate I've had came from Tanzania and is not for sale. But Paris is full of girly things. And good for girl salsa.

Al Israel likes this.
  7. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Dear diary:
    Yesterday I went to my first real kizomba party(not social after kizomba class). The place has two rooms, one for kizomba and another one for salsa. I decided to go to kizomba room first and look at new people how they dance. 80% people dance urban kiz, and the music was also for these dancers. I danced several sons and got bored. Fortunately, I noticed partners from my kizomba class, and we had a lot of good dances. I think, now I start to understand the difference between kizomba, semba and urban kiz. I definitely prefer kizomba and semba. After several dances with our guys, I decided to dance salsa. It was the most enjoyable part of the evening.

vit, terence and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  8. Sabrosura

Sabrosura Maestro 'Sonero' Lavoe

Too bad you didn't come this weekend for the Le Salsa Club party--one of the best parties I've ever been to!!! Possibly *the* best! (Including congresses) (At least from a follow's perspective) Almost every lead from the 40+ I danced with was outstanding! (And the 2-3 who were not outstanding were still very nice) Already planning to go to the next Le Salsa Club on 16 December :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Smejmoon and Aurel like this.
  9. Sabrosura

Yep, I'm talking about French chocolate made in France.

Many people have not, because Belgian and Swiss chocolate is more marketed. In fact France has amazing chocolate. Having tasted chocolate from all over the world, over and over again French chocolate tastes the best to me. But this is not cheap chocolate like the 2 euro bars you might find in Swiss supermarkets. This is "haute chocolate" for which you pay for the high quality. Example: Pierre Marcolini, Pralus, Patrick Roger, Vahlrona (which is the top brand of couverture chocolate used by famous chocolate makers and pastry chefs all over the world). Not well known names because they do not mass produce their chocolate like other more famous chocolate makers, they produce much smaller quantities. But the quality for me is the best, by far! In Brussels last week I shopped at all the main chocolate shops and compared the chocolate. The best were Pierre Marcolini and Patrick Roger. Both are French chocolatiers. Coincidence? Not at all.

Similarly, many people do not associate France with olive oil. But as someone who enjoys high quality olive oil, the best olive oil I have tasted has not been Italian or Greek, it's the French (again, not well known because it is not mass produced).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Offbeat likes this.
  10. Sabrosura

That's the Patrick Roger chocolate store, one of my favorites (as I mentioned above :) ) They have interesting decoration in their store, not like the typical chocolate shops, this looks like a "temple of chocolate" :)

11. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

Cliffs: the French are the best at everything you can drink or eat. Not really kidding either!

Sabrosura likes this.
  12. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Shine Officer

Dear diary,

There is no point for this posting, except to bask in my #1000 posting!!! Finally! Yay!

Offbeat and LarsM like this.
  13. Chris_Yannick

Dear diary,

There is no point for this posting, except to bask in my #1000 posting!!! Finally! Yay!

14. Chris_Yannick

And my first ever double posting mistake!!

15. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

That's what happens when you get older!

16. Peason

Peason Son

A good start to get you to post 2000 :D

Chris_Yannick likes this.
  17. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Dear diary,
    Yesterday I had an opportunity to dance with a new leader. I got an impression that I was doing the heavy lifting. His hands are so heavy; it feels like he put all his weight in his hands. I know about heavy followers but never thought that heavy leaders exist. It is my first experience for all my salsa life. This guy also likes to send a follower to triple turns almost every crossbody lead.

Sabrosura likes this.
  18. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

The chocolate discussion inspired me to go back to a little chocolate shop here I hadn't been to for ages. They do use Vahlrona. The chocolates are OK but not something I would specifically go back for. The cakes however are just heavenly.

It's a tiny place, beautifully decorated, with two ladies in their 50s serving who I remember from the last time I was there years ago. At some point an older well-dressed gentleman came in and said: "It's me again." He just sat at a table and was immediately served a coffee and a small cake. Yeah, that kind of place. Just lovely!

Sabrosura likes this.
  19. Live2dance

Live2dance Shine Officer

It looks like too much "milk chocolate"! Which as you probably know is considered candy and not real chocolate for the French and Belgians. No connection to our earlier "milk" discussion! Of course not! :D

20. elanimal

elanimal Tumbao

This question isn't worth a thread, so here it goes. A girl friend of mine wonders, who started the trend for women to wear plaid flannel shirts on their waist, and why? I don't see it too often but know the trend exists.