Salsa open diary

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MacMoto, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

I'm still sleepy from Berlin, and on the plane again, so please explain a leap of reasoning. :)

Why having a lot of performancers make a good scene?

2. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

Yes wondering what you doing early morning on here!

My original quote:

3. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Rhythm Deputy

Not necessary at all. In my scene, there are hardly any performers. The ones who are part of a dance troupe, coincidentally, never social dance and never go out period. Very few people would comment on my scene being good, but for me it is perfect. I can dance On2 as much as I want. The only thing limiting me from achieving what I want from dance is me, not my scene. Even in scenes 10 times larger than mine, I still don't get the opportunity to dance as much as I do here. It is really really weird.

Now that I think of it, if I was restricted to dancing only in the 3 Eastern European capitals around here (Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna), I'd be a happy camper for life. I don't need to travel to Amsterdam, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, Berlin, Russia/Ukraine to get my fix. Despite what people say about those scenes, I am positive I would not feel as good in them as I do here.

I said it here 4 years ago when I moved that I had found my perfect dance scene and I stand by that statement still.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    SnowDancer, Offbeat, azana and 2 others like this.
  4. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Ok, got ya! 1) they are not famous for instructing, 2)people from Milan say, they don't instruct there (except Sosa), so end result is no scene, but many shows.

5. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

btw, do you know of / have you experienced the scene in Ljubljana? I've been thinking of planning a hiking trip in Slovenia. The main issue is having to change flights so many times to get there :)

I'm afraid I prefer on1 dancing :)

6. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Rhythm Deputy

Yes! I was going to put Ljubljana on my list of preferred dancing places. Many people like and enjoy going to the magic festival there in January. The local scene is pretty good... just not very lead heavy from what I recall. They will dance whatever you want. The locals were friendly and the city is absolutely beautiful. Every time Ljubjlana guys come here for the parties, they are a hoot. I would go there just for the city and the surrounding area, which is spectacular. You won't be disappointed. :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Smejmoon and azana like this.
  7. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, Chris! I definitely want to visit now :) At the moment it's a very-much-want-to-do-this-not-sure-if-I-can-afford-it-right-now situation as flights from here are not cheap, but certainly considering it, perhaps for next July...