Salsa open diary

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MacMoto, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

I have pre congress syndrome. Knowing that in one week I'll get an overdose of best social salsa on the planet. Local parties don't cut it.

If they give me visa

Offbeat likes this.
  2. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Rhythm Deputy

Rostov? Seems like they switched to being more of a salsa marathon.. (no workshops, no shows, no big name celebrities). Sounds like my kind of festival.. but the location.. omg. How the heck do you get there?

Smejmoon likes this.
  3. Smejmoon

I'm still waiting for visa. Should get it tomorrow night. I've been there 2 times already.

There are a lot of celebs. But they act like dancers. :)

There are flights from Moscow, Istanbul, Prague.

Chris_Yannick likes this.
  4. Tomm

Tomm Sonero

looking forward to SHO on Saturday in Z├╝rich...

5. Smejmoon

Paris linear salsa scene feels a bit similar to New York to me. Diverse dancers, various styles, many really good, many really bad dancers. More on1 dancers than in NY. Good follows dance it all. Not friendly at beginning, ladies did not ask me a lot, got refusals in first night, but no more in next. Also like in new york.
    The level of dancing is much higher than in NY. Many good leads. Locals complain that it's not so good as few years ago.
    Next time I'll come Friday till Tuesday.

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  6. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

Looking forward to your Steve Starmambo video from Paris ;):cool::D!! Now that you've danced both in NY and Paris, how do those scenes compare to Eastern Europe? I still think New York is a salsa mecca, but not for social dancing. I only really enjoy LVG, it's an amazing place if you want to learn (IMO). I am also hearing far too many New Yorkers rubbishing their scene.

7. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

Since I'll be in Luxembourg for the next five months, starting in October, I'm looking forward to doing frequent weekend trips to Paris salsa parties :dancingbanana:

8. Smejmoon

Oh, I talk about social dancing. If it's live music, NY is obviously better. Eastern Europe is different, various. I like it a lot, but I have also invested more time there to know partners and adjust to them. The comparable by size is only Moscow. They also complain there, but Moscow is very good. Lot of good dancers. And more friendly. First time I went there I did not stop for 10 dances in a row, probably, and had no time to change shirts.
    NY/London does not have kizomba infection as far as I know.

Also from my experience, many good follows in NY /London /Paris are from eastern Europe. People migrate. One of coolest girls I met here was from NYC.

What I regret is not staying till Tuesday and going to Agua.