Salsa in Istanbul

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by BachataIreland, Mar 5, 2012.

1. olamalam

olamalam El Sabroso de Conguero

tonite, I'll be dancing at cvk hotel.
    If there is anyone who is in istanbul at the moment but not experienced a dance with me yet...
    you are missing so much :p

Smejmoon likes this.
  2. Adolfo7792

Adolfo7792 Changui

Hello everyone! I'm staying at Istanbul this next 6 months, if anyone can give me info about salsa schools in the city, I would be very happy! :dancingbanana:

3. olamalam

welcome!

did you check previous pages?

where will you stay?

find this guy: https://www.facebook.com/onur.calapkulu.5
    he is teaching on Asia side.

4. Makuso

Makuso Changui

Hi, I am dancing Cuban style and bachata, does anyone know, if there there any parties this Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday close to Taksim, where I can dance at least one of them? Event one party would be great ;)

5. olamalam

https://www.facebook.com/addressottoman?hc_location=ufi

6. Makuso

Makuso Changui

Thx you Olamalam, in other salsa parties, do they dance bachata at least?

7. olamalam

Yes, we have 2 sensual nights, one on Tuesday (Rıddım club in Taksim), one on Wednesday (lush hotel in Taksim)

8. Makuso

Makuso Changui

This helps plenty, thank you!!

9. Gilles_Be

Gilles_Be Changui

Hi Olamalam,

it's my first week in Istanbul. I'm staying here for the next 6 month.
    I'm living around Taksim, it's seen to be a nice place to practice Salsa, But I'll need also some lessons, could you give me some name for this?

by the way witch Salsa is dancing usually?

Many Thks,
    Br

Gilles B

10. olamalam

Hi Gilles,

Welcome to istanbul!

lets read the previous pages and then I'll give you further information if you need.

11. joy

joy Changui

Heey!

Any salsa cubana parties this week in Istanbul?
    Anyone going there? :)

12. muguet

muguet Changui

The only one I know for this week is on Sunday between 18:00 and 22:00 at Vardar Palace,in Taksim(since I don't have 10 posts here,I can't share the link,I'm messaging it to you) I'll probably be there!

joy likes this.
  13. Ivaila

Ivaila Changui

Hi everyone,
    We are salsa group from Bulgaria and we want to make a team building in Istanbul next april. I know that it is very early, but it is complicated to organize salsa team building without knowing in witch days there are salsa parties. I have read previous commentaries - Fridays and Saturdays are good for salsa parties and most of them are around Taksim?

14. olamalam

Contact us when you are here

15. Ivaila

Ivaila Changui

Thank you, I will...

16. mlemonl

mlemonl Son Montuno

Bringing out an old post, it seems that the Salsa in Istanbul is a happening place! There is a good chance I'm am going to be there from June 27th-30th (Mon-Thurs) and I'm really excited to see the city for the first time and also to check out the local salsa scene. I am interested in staying the extra night on Wednesday for the salsa at 'My house' - is this still ongoing for 2016?

I do have a few concerns since I will be traveling by myself for the last day or two:
    From the previous posts here, it seems that on1 is also welcomed by the community?
    How is the transportation from Taksim to Istanbul at 1am in the morning?
    Any general tips for a female traveling solo in the area?

Thanks so much!

17. olamalam

hi @mlemonl
    Please remind me when the date approaches, then I'll be able to share more up to date party information.
    MyHouse is cancelled but we have some other parties in Wednesday.
    Apart from then Fridays and Saturdays are lively.
    ON1 is the dominant style here.
    Transportation depends where you stay. Parties generally finish after 2am. You'll need to use taxi. Or you can rent a hostel room in Taksim.

Regards,
    ilker

mlemonl likes this.
  18. Heba

Heba Changui

Please I
    need to know the Salsa Nights' weekly schedule in Istanbul. I will attend Istanbul Salsa Festiv in Pendik and I'm thinking to extend for more 3 days, but need to make sure first that there are running nights at these days.

Thanks,

19. olamalam

Hi

sorry for my late reply

did you check the preparties?
    http://www.istanbuldancefestival.org/?p=program1

Other than preparties, there was not good party on monday or tuesday anyway

20. OlgaFromKharkov

OlgaFromKharkov Changui

Hi everyone!

I'll be in Istanbul from 24 till 27 of December and will be happy to visit salsa/bachata/kizomba party.
    Could you please help me to find information regarding places and time for the parties during this period.

Will be very appreciate for any help!