Salsa in Istanbul

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by BachataIreland, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Nico Rojas

Nico Rojas Changui

Thank you so much Olamlam! Ok, I ll wait your post for Wednseday and Thursday. I ll go to the Friday stuff for sure. From what time to what time do people party here on weeksdays and on friday, just to have an idea?

Thanks so much again, and see you.

Nico.

2. olamalam

olamalam El Sabroso de Conguero

3. Nico Rojas

Nico Rojas Changui

I went to the party on Friday and it was realy cool. Nice people, great place, it was a very good experience. I tried to find you Olamalam to say ho and thank you but coulnd make it. The photogarpher that was in the salsa floor looked like your pocture in the photo but wasnt you ...

Anywaus Olamlam thank you so much. If you ever go to Chile and need help please dont hesitate to ask me.

Cheers,
    Nico

4. olamalam

Hi,

I'm glad you had nice time. I was at the party but since I haven't seen your photo, couldn't find you too. I hope I'll visit Chile one day :)

5. Nico Rojas

Nico Rojas Changui

oh crap ... you are right, I have no photo here. I was the only red hair guy in the place.

Well, anyways if you go to Chile please send me a message and I give u advice.

thxs again. Best,
    Nico

Smejmoon and olamalam like this.
  6. Ach

Ach Changui

Hello !

Today is my last day in Istanbul, and I've been looking for salsa parties since last saturday! I'm so madc that i discovered this forum just now!

Do you have any adress to share for a salsa/latin party tonight?

Thank you!

Ach

7. olamalam

Too late :(
    https://www.facebook.com/events/877794212259635/

8. joy

joy Changui

Hello!

Could you tell me if people in istanbul dance salsa LA or cubana?
    Which of the two styles is more preferable?

Thank you :)

9. olamalam

Hi Joy,

we have very few cuban dancers in istanbul and there is only 1 weekly cuban party.
    majority of the scene is LA style dancers.

10. joy

joy Changui

Thank you very much!

Can you also tell me where this party is located?

11. olamalam

12. Carlos O

Carlos O Changui

Hello Olamalam,

I see you are the person to ask about salsa in Istanbul.
    I'm currently visiting and I was wondering if you know where to go dance Kizomba or if the 100% Cubano party is happening this weekend. I'm staying until Sunday.

Thank you
    Carlos

13. Ekaterina

Ekaterina Changui

Hi everybody. I first time in Istanbul. Want to lern salsa/bachata. I'm beginner, can dance, but not so good as I want.
    I've try to see link of dance schools, but I can not read/speak Turkish. So pls, help me and support some school, explain how to go. I leave at "
    Extensa Bomonti apt
    Cumhuriyet mahallesi silahsor caddesi gokkusagi sok ". Not sure that wrote is correct;)

olamalam likes this.
  14. DavidB

DavidB Changui

July 17 2015
    Hello, looking for salsa parties near Taksim area for today, FRIDAY and SATURDAY nights.
    Thanks
    David

15. Ekaterina

Ekaterina Changui

mmmm))) will go today! At what time start party usually? Can you write any name of place or address?

16. DavidB

DavidB Changui

CVK HOTEL. 9pm tonight. Friday.
    go directly to the 9th floor 25 lira

See you

17. DavidB

DavidB Changui

this hotel is at the Taksim square, on the side of Marmara Taksim hotel; 100 meter from the Starbucks (on that side of the road)

18. olamalam

Sorry guys, I was on vacation last week with limited internet access.

Yes, the most stable party in istanbul is the CVK hotel one on Fridays.
    @Carlos O , on tuesdays we have a kizomba party in Taksim, sheva club.
    @Ekaterina , one dance in Mecidiyekoy is close to your address + their instructors speak in English. I think it's best for you.

Ps. It was great to see @thepresenceon2 after 5 years :)

thepresenceon2 and Smejmoon like this.
  19. Ekaterina

Ekaterina Changui

So, Olamalam, no school in my area))))) yes? Only party in CVK hotel)))

20. olamalam

you stay in bomonti. it's close to mecidiyekoy and taksim. on Friday CVK is on. I need to check other days. But as far as I can see, istanbul scene is seriously damaged by salsa schools brutal competition. 3 years ago we had party everyday. then schools started to put their parties to "the best nights of the week" which are friday and saturday. this divided the dancers who goes to parties. Eventually we've got smaller parties. Some of the schools had to close their parties due to lack of dancers bla bla. I knew this would happen one day but didnt know when :)