Salsa Crushes

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by RugKutta, Aug 26, 2004.

1. redsalsero

redsalsero Sonero

i have 3 crushes at the moment. all my age. not the best dancers, very attractive. in fact they are intermediates but i have so much chemistry with them. that i can lead them wel and are the only ones who i ask 4+ dances a night. now that i think of it with each of them i only like to dance to certain music.
    1 for salsa
    1 for bachata
    1 for kizomba slow dance, merengue, soca etc.

2. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

I find myself in a very strange and unusual situation. I think I have three crushers crushing on me lone crushee, all in a one night's work - one confirmed 95%, other 75% and third 50% :D

I think I need to take lessons from Olam on how to handle the situation :D :D Help!

3. Big10

Big10 Shine Officer

That's actually an interesting concept that I don't think has been addressed within this thread (and now the thread is too long for me to feel like doing a search ;) ). I always have multiple Salsa crushes towards various women at any given time, but I'm honestly not sure if anybody is crushing on me. :neutral:

For people who are aware of dance crushes on them, what do you do when you encounter the person? Do you enjoy the attention and maybe encourage it further by being extra friendly to them? Are you embarrassed and perhaps "tone down" your interactions with the crusher? Or, do you recognize it's there but not treat the person any differently than any other dance partner?

On the couple of occasions when I think it may have happened in the past (still not sure), I've felt flattered and tried to dance particularly well with those women. What do the rest of you do?

Smejmoon likes this.
  4. londongirl

londongirl Shine Officer

I have 3 crushes:

1 fading crush, I have no idea why I crushed on him so bad...it was fun whilst it lasted.

1 crush because of his amazing body, he used to crush me back; I knew because I could see him checking me out - he didn't try and hide it, and he always used to ask me to dance first - I used to flirt the dance up a lot just for him. Now he is crushing someone else, he asks her first - I am actually kinda jealous!

1 crush because of the way he dances, I think he probably thinks I just love dancing with him which is also true. As my crushes normally fade I don't want to do anything about this one except enjoy it whilst it lasts.

And

I know one other guy that crushes me but I don't return it. However I do give him a moderately flirty dance as he's a fun guy, I think he knows I don't return the crush though because I don't ask him to dance that much because I don't want to give him false hope.

5. Offbeat

My post was in half-hearted jest :) Whether in Salsa or outside, I am usually most clueless person. According to some I am frustratingly clueless even when someone is sending screaming signals. It was unusual to find being object of attention of three different people (all new) in short span of time. Rest is just a mock assumption.

Not from dancing, but from outside of it, depending on who the crusher is my response will be either of the two:

Embarrassed and perhaps "tone down" interactions Or, recognize it's there but not treat the person any differently than any other.

6. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm just always very friendly and welcoming (despite what I just wrote on a recent thread ;) ) and rarely say no, as well as having a very cheeky dance style. Therefore, there are probably a number of guys out there who think I have a crush on them, whereas it's just the way I am. I don't particularly care and don't wish to falsely behave in a standoffish fashion to counteract the possibility, so let them think what they like. As long as they're enjoying the dancing... :)

Although, yes, I do have one deadly, eating me up inside salsa crush right now aaargh! I have to get past this one so I can focus on my work mountain! You can do it, Azana!

7. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

I gained about 2 or 3 the other night and the one from a few posts back is a distant memory.

8. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

I received 2 bachata crushes from dance partners recently. I used to not like or dance bachata and but now I am re-thinking my approach because the dances felt really good.

9. sagitta

sagitta Pattern Police

Nice b&t:)

10. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

My super crush has defected to zumba :eek:

Smejmoon likes this.
  11. londongirl

londongirl Shine Officer

all gone :)

Yeah still have this one. I love summer - tight Ts :p

I think I was drinking freaky stuff when I crushed this guy. This is over too :)

And I have another one, that I really should *not* have. I am trying very hard to deny it to everyone including myself ;).

There need to be more crushes in the world :D

12. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

I've stopped crushing. This sucks :(

13. Enetheru

Enetheru Son

I have a terrible curse, every time I get a legitimate crush on a dancer she ends up getting a bf or hooking up with someone. totally kills the joy of dancing with a crush.

Smejmoon likes this.
  14. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

I hate crushes.:(
    It could be quite painful. I also do not like when somebody likes me...it makes me feel so uncomfortable. All these crushes..it is much better without them:)

15. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Crush is when after dancing with a partner you cannot let him go...you start experiencing pain while he is dancing with somebody else. And when you want to dance only with him...and other dancers are also great, but you find them boring. You are dancing with somebody else and cannot focus ...because your eyes are looking for him/her.

16. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Also if you have a salsa crush you cannot look at normal people who may be interested in serious relationship with you...all your thoughts are about this salsa devil:D

17. HavanaCola

HavanaCola Son Montuno

Nobody so far.
    There are many good dancers. It's great fun dancing with them but there isn't much attraction for me.
    And there are girls who can barely dance at all at parities somehow I found attractive,
    but dancing with them is no fun or even ruins the fun. :D

Offbeat and Smejmoon like this.
  18. Offbeat

Err that's a real crush as it was meant to be! No wonder you find crushes so painful :p

Real crush on a salsa dancer is not salsa crush.
    Salsa crush is not suppose to be a real crush.

:p :p

LarsM likes this.
  19. Offbeat

Hmmmmm someone is crushing on a devil:dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

20. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Shine Officer

Next month i will be travelling with my crush to a salsa festival in secret... i got 2 full passes for free for knowing the right people so i decided to take her and she agreed. 3 days in an exotic, beautiful small town in the middle of nowhere so close to the holiday season. Yep... no expectations there.

Marisha likes this.