Salsa City Guides - list of "where to dance in xxx" threads

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MacMoto, May 21, 2009.

1. nakito

nakito Changui

I am happy to see Montreal in the list, we have so many great places on our city :)

2. ColdSalsero

ColdSalsero Shine Officer

3. MysteriousSmile

MysteriousSmile Changui

Africa?Kenya?not on the list?

4. chrisk

chrisk Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to Salsaforums, MysteriousSmile!

I don't think that we so far had any member from Kenya on this forum, so there's no thread about salsa in kenya itself, that could be linked in this guide. This thread itself serves mostly as guide to help people find the specific threads for various cities around the world, where our members are located so far .

If you happen to live in Kenya, then I and certainly our other members will appreciate any information about Salsa in Kenya, that you can share with us (preferrably in a new thread). As for Africa itself, if you specify in which countries you're particularlyl interested, then maybe a fellow member, who's been there on holiday or has personal connections to it, can give you some info.

5. jabar11

jabar11 Changui

Does any one knows good salsa places in germany? Im staying here for a copule of months traveling around and would like to know some good clubs. cheers
    Jose (http://salsaheels.net)

6. chrisk

First, welcome to SF, jabar11!

Since I'm sure you have noticed, that germany is quite big, I think it would be helpful if you could tell us if there are any places that you like to visit especially or an area where you would prefer to travel to. Having a bit more info would certainly help me and other members give you some good advice.

7. Liefebees

Liefebees Son

Anyone been to the Stairway to Heaven (Utrecht)? Just to know there are enough people there that actually dance, rather than sit and drink. ;) Apparently they have a "Stairway to Salsa" every Tuesday with a beginners workshop at the start. Been thinking about taking a few non salsa dancing friends there to get them addicted aswell. Hopeful thinking!

8. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Update:
    Chicago, Kuala Lumpur and Puerto Rico (okay it's not a city but anyway ;)) added to the list. I've also changed the thread title and added some notes for clarification (reproduced below).

NOTE:
    - This sticky is intended as a portal for finding existing Salsa Forums threads about where to dance salsa in specific cities. If you know of a thread about a city, post its link to this thread and I'll add it to the above list.

- If you want to post a list of places to dance in your city, post it in the Clubs In Your Area thread.

- If you want to post a link to a website that provides events/clubs info for your area, post it in the Websites of Interest section. Please note that only active members of the Salsa Forums are permitted to post in this section. See the Forums Advertising Guidelines for more information.

9. HothouseSalsero

HothouseSalsero Rhythm Deputy

Is there really no regular Friday night salsa dancing spot in Albuquerque? I am once again, once again, once again gearing up to see if my health will let me dance regularly again. Certain stressors are out of the way and I'm not preparing for any big changes in the near future (no moves, big purchases, etc.), so this seems like a good time. But it would be easier if I Friday were an option.

10. kbitten

kbitten Clave Commander

orlando??

11. Up in the Air

Up in the Air Changui

How about a brand new Forum called "City Guides"? Each thread is a different city:

Cities - Schools, Socials, Clubs, Congresses
    --> New York
    --> Miami
    --> Chicago

There's so much "location" info spread out across different Forums/Threads that it's hard to find.

12. chrisk

Sorry, but I've to say that I don't see the various threads about salsa in some cities generating enough traffic to satisfy a new section here. The current sticky topic here is giving any member who looks for those places a good starting point with the most prominent threads being linked. If you can't find the city that you're looking for in this guide, then please try out search engine and see if there's been a thread somewhere that is going to help. If you feel any thread missing from the list, I'm sure my fellow moderator MacMoto appreciates a note here or as PM, which threads she should consider adding to this one.

13. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

I made a google map of all the salsa venues in Chicago, with brief write ups on each- should I post that here on tack it onto one of the Chicago threads??

EMOYENO likes this.
  14. gijoy

gijoy Changui

I've been there last Tuesday 2 times for a couple minutes and the dance floor was filled nicely around 21.15 already. Then around 0.30 they were also dancing in the main bar area. Unfortunately due to other obligations I couldn't stay long but I'm definitely going back there. In the short time I was there I had the impression it was very male heavy though.

15. MacMoto

Male heavy? I should have a look some time...

16. Jazz90

Jazz90 Changui

Real Deal!

17. Manjana

Manjana Changui

Does anyone have any tips about salsa in Bucharest? Will be there now for a few weeks. I've google d a bit and there seems to be some clubs with salsa dancing there but it'd be better to know which ones are good from someone who lives in bucharest or has been there :)

18. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Can someone add Tel Aviv to the list?
    Panorama - Tuesday & Saturday - On1 and Cuban Salsa, crowd mostly in twenties, Ben Zvi 84, Tel Aviv. Six levels Cuban and 4 levels LA. Lesson starts at 9:30, Party at 11. 0502855888

Havana Club - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday, on1 and cuban, on thursday romantic night with more bachata and romantic salsa. Hashalom 5, Tel Aviv. Mixed ages. Six levels Cuban and 4 levels LA
    Lesson starts at 9:30, Party at 11.
    03-5623456

Studio B - Wednesday and Friday - rooms for: cuban salsa, bachata, wcs, mambo, zouk. Mixed ages. Lessons in all dances based on level.
    Lesson on Friday starts at 11:15, party at 12:20. On Wednesday lesson at 10, party at 11:15. Even Gvirol 124. 0547778881

Baila Salsa - Wednesday and Saturday, on1 and cuban, saturday is 400+ people. mostly people between 18-30. Lesson starts at 9:15, 7 levels Cuban and five levels LA. Moshe Yetom 32, Rehovot.
    054-7949123

ST Studio
    Sunday - romantic night. Thursday - sensual night - salsa bachata and kizomba with bachata and kizomba lessons. Friday - mostly on2 salsa.
    Hamiflasim 6, Petah Tikva. On thursday lesson at 10:30, party at 11:30. for questions 050-2569136

My favorite place is Baila Salsa on Saturday, but it gets very hot in August! It is 400+ people.
    I also like Havana Club on thursday, also 300+ people and nice and cool even in summer.
    Panoram on tuesday is very nice and has about 200 people, on saturday it is also fairly good.
    Studio B I do not like as much but if you need to dance or want to dance something other than salsa this place is for you.
    ST studio is much smaller but it attracts high level dancers and much more on2.
    There are many more small salsa clubs that open and close including salsa at the beach during the summer.

19. illy

illy Changui

what about in Milan?

20. MacMoto

Al Israel,
    We don't have any thread on Tel Aviv at the moment, which is why it's not on the list. So please start a separate thread with all the information you've written. Then I can add that thread to the list.