Salsa Cities - Australia

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Hock Siew, May 20, 2010.

1. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

Melbourne Latin 24/7 dates 2013:
    (one of the few salsa certainties down here at the end of the world)

February 16
    March 16
    April 20
    May 18
    June 15
    July 20
    August 17
    September 21
    October 19
    November 16
    December 7

Venue: Fusion Dance
    478 Smith Street (same street as Copacabana / Conga Room)

2. Natty

Natty Son

Hey all! Long time no see :)

I've been dancing Cuban lately & going to the Candela nights at Fusion (good mix of LA/Cuban plus kizomba/zouk/bachata) - unfortunately/fortunately I end up chatting more than dancing but I have a great time nonetheless!

2013: 26 Oct, 23 Nov
    THE LATIN CLUB - Upper Deck Room @ Fusion, 478 Smith Street, Fitzroy (same venue as Latin 24/7)
    8:30pm - 1:00am
    $15 entry

3. azana

Hey there sister! Keep missing you :( . Hock Siew and I are usually at 24/7 if you ever want to catch up, and I also like Night Cat on Sundays, although I can't often get there. It's hard core cross body on1 :) .

The former huge monthly party at Ormond Hall (organised by Melbourne Salsa) has sprung up again - it's now a few times a year at Prahran Town Hall on Chapel Street. When one is coming up they advertise it on their website. The same live band is back and they're very good, especially the singer, the floor is beautiful and there is a large, mixed crowd (i.e. I can find my regulars but also several other great and/or friendly leads I didn't know previously). The main downsides are the lack of parking due to it being on Chapel (I ended up ten blocks away) and the DJ playing too much zouk between band sets. However, definitely worth attending.

4. Natty

Natty Son

I'm thinking about going to a 24/7 but I have to say my on1 has slipped badly! I had a wonderful on1 dancer ask me to dance at the last Latin Club... poor fella. Poor Natty too! She realised just how much practice she needs :(

5. azana

Sydney is totally cranking on weeknights! This has been a fun salsa trip :) New Wednesday venue (The Argyle, down in the Rocks) was packed. Music was a little weird at times, but friendly vibe and some nice leads. Large, beautiful wooden floor (I'm very floorfussy :))

Sydney seems to have been gaining parties and options as Melbourne loses them...

Dissonant Harmony and Jag75 like this.