Rueda Role Reversal

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by bailar y tocar, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

In rueda there is a call to reverse roles: leaders switch to follow and followers switch to lead. Its called "Confusion".
    We did a performance for Halloween where not just roles were reversed. Some of the guys even found ladies shoes with heels to dance in.( I don't know if the video will be posted)
    Following in rueda is a little bit easier for me since I know whats coming if I heard the call but I can't believe how big my steps are..yikes..I could easily cover an entire dance floor as follower. Weird, considering that I keep it tight as a lead and successfully keep follows close to.

2. sagitta

sagitta Pattern Police

Interesting. Indeed there are different calls and moves one can sue to reverse roles. The fact you take big steps as a follower goes to show that there are things one must learn to be a good follower.

3. tocatimba

tocatimba Shine Officer

How does that work? You are doing guapea, then "ConfusiĆ³n" is called, then the "former" follow (now lead) then does a DQN to the former lead to get them into position to continue guapea?

4. bailar y tocar

No.
    A call to start it off is "vacila", then comes "confusion". After the vacila, the leader leads dqn1 (right arm lead), then the follower leads dqn2 (leader led by left arm), then dqn 3, then dqn 4 and then the leader and follower switch footwork. For groups that are strictly on1 (not on5), they call pelota uno to get back to "1" on the backstep.

5. bailar y tocar

Here is our performance at the annual Halloween party: