RIP Azzey aka John Looker, one of the biggest contributors to Salsa Forums

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by SirDancealot, Sep 19, 2017.

1. tocatimba

tocatimba Shine Officer

Very sorry to see this ... he always seemed like a decent guy.

2. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

I haven't logged in for several weeks. This is extremely shocking and upsetting. Most of us knew him through our discussions here. He was probably amongst top three most valuable contributor and also most helpful to questions from newcomers. His contribution and knowledge are immense. So is his YouTube channel.

This is very very sad. I will need some time to process this.

My condolences to his family and friends.

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  3. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

To moderators:

1. Can we please make this thread a sticky (perhaps with a changed title that is a tribute to him). Many long time members only occasionally visit the site. Most of them have known him. If the thread gets buried they will never know we lost a very valuable member of the community. I won't be alone in saying that with all the discussions it feels like we had a personal connection with him.

2. I had been thinking about this for a while but this may be the time to bring up this subject. SF posts have an immense wealth of knowledge. Given the temporal nature of Internet, I hope all the posts here have been properly archived in case accidentally or otherwise something happens to the website registration or hosting privileges. I think this is the single biggest repository of documented knowledge regarding the salsa dancing and music anywhere in the world. Since it has contributions from knowledgeable people with passion for salsa, like John (Azzey).

3. Perhaps we can curate some of the best posts from Azzey as a tribute to his memory and copy their contents in a standalone section or thread. That would be a small way to hniur hi so legacy on this forum. I am willing to contribute towards that effort.

Thanks.

4. kbitten

kbitten Clave Commander

I am so sad to hear this!! He was a very active member when I was too and one of tbe top contributors if this forum!

My condolences!
    RIP Azzey

5. olamalam

olamalam El Sabroso de Conguero

good idea

timberamayor likes this.
  6. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Okay, I've made this thread a sticky.

Great idea. I'll create a new thread so members can contribute to it.

7. Yupuhhuh

Yupuhhuh Tumbao

Fare thee well. Always a steady voice in these -look at me- conditions. Will be missed

8. tallpaul

tallpaul Pattern Police

Wow, that's sad news! I met him a couple of times in Edinburgh - he was a young guy with a lot of passion for dancing, and (as we all know) for patiently sharing his knowledge online.
    Condolences to his family - may he rest in peace.

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  9. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

Absolutely crushed. I do one of the moves I took from him weekly. Hugely respected in the community and he'll be sorely missed.

Chris_Yannick and MAMBO_CEC like this.
  10. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

Hi all, I've been away from this forum for many years, and heard the shocking news online. A sad loss for the forum and the salsa community.