RIP Azzey aka John Looker, one of the biggest contributors to Salsa Forums

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by SirDancealot, Sep 19, 2017.

1. SirDancealot

SirDancealot Son Montuno

Please forgive the posting of non-salsa related information on this page mods. I am writing to pass on very sad news about a member of this forum who was extremely active and who will be very well known to many dancers in the UK and especially to salseros from Scotland.

John Looker, or Azzey as he was known on this forum, passed away around a week ago. This seems to have come out of the blue and we do not yet know the details of what happened. His family only found out today.

He was a popular both personally and on the dance floor and will be sorely missed.

Anyone wishing to know details of any arrangements please feel free to get in touch and I will try to forward them once they are confirmed.

http://www.salsaforums.com/members/azzey.82/

My thoughts are with John's family and friends at this sad time.

PS- Lastly mods - whilst i don't know the policy here, I would ask that we consider keeping John's posts on the site as I'm sure that's what he would have wanted, and because they are likely to be a good resource for others.

2. Winston

Winston Descarga

I'm shocked to hear this. Very sad news. Although I didn't know him personally, he was a friendly forum member, always helpful and really informed about salsa.

My condoleances to all forum members, friends and his family.
    RIP Azzey

3. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

That is very distressing. We had several private messages over the years and I will truly miss him ( and his knowledge ) .

4. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for letting us know, SirDancealot. He certainly deserves the tribute here.

I'm devastated. Lost for words.

RIP Azzey - you will be missed enormously.

5. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca El Sabroso de Conguero

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

6. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Shine Officer

I am extremely saddened by this news. A class act in the community. I will always remember and cherish the great advice he has given to me over the years. He will be missed dearly.

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  7. timberamayor

timberamayor Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

I am so shocked and sorry to hear this. I had always hoped I'd get to Scotland one day and we'd have a chance to dance together. He was a great contributor to the forum and I expect in his local salsa scene as well :(

8. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Sad news. We had many online debates. I met him once in Scotland and we shared conversations and dances. He was there to dance!

9. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

Oh, no! I didn't know him in person but on the forums he gave the impression of a young person full of energy and tireless in discussions and sharing his knowledge. And suddenly he is gone! Sounds surreal. I feel for his family and friends.

10. vit

vit El Sabroso de Conguero

Really sad news. Rest in peace, Azzey

11. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Capitán Del Estilo

Yes, this is really sad news, my condolences to his family. I really enjoyed his insightful and articulate posts over the years. Rest in peace Azzey.

BMorin likes this.
  12. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Life is so Fragile. I did not know Azzey personally, but I read his posts, and a lot of them are insightful for me. Thank you Azzey. Rest in peace.

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Whaaaat! I had no idea. As you know, I've known him since I was a beginner. I'm shocked. My thoughts are with his family. Please do let me know of any arrangements @SirDancealot - you know how to contact me.

With my moderator hat on, yes the wealth of knowledge he so generously shared with us here on Salsa Forums is a great asset to us. Rest assured that his posts will stay here.

14. olamalam

olamalam El Sabroso de Conguero

I'm so sorry to hear that :(((

Rest in peace Azzey. My condolences to his family.

Apart from inspiring and educative content he shared here, I was lucky to take few private classes from him 6 years ago. He was a very modest and friendly guy.
    I would like to keep as a memory here, his private class schedule he prepared for me.
    http://prntscr.com/gnmf1g
    We'll miss you...

kbitten, Offbeat, wol and 5 others like this.
  15. Peason

Peason Son

My condolences to family and friends.
    I always took the time to read his posts.

16. Sabrosura

Sabrosura Maestro 'Sonero' Lavoe

This is such shocking and sad news :( I, too, was under the impression that he was young, so am shocked to hear he has passed away.

Had some great discussions with him over the years here on the forum, and had always hoped to meet him in person but the one time it almost happened (Edinburgh congress in 2014), he didn't make it.

As a tribute, here is the Salsa Roadmap he had created and which he was very fond of sharing, very useful resource for newbies and experienced dancers alike: http://salsaroadmap.blogspot.com

Chris_Yannick and BMorin like this.
  17. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

Very sad to hear this. I've enjoyed his posts over the years. Condolences to his family.

BMorin likes this.
  18. Jag75

Jag75 Shine Officer

That's terribly sad news :-(

R.I.P. Azzey.

BMorin likes this.
  19. Live2dance

Live2dance Shine Officer

Sad news indeed! Condolences to family and friends.

20. sunsoul

sunsoul Shine Officer

Best wishes to Azzey in the salsa heavens. He was always thoughtful and helpful to others.

Chris_Yannick and MAMBO_CEC like this.