Relationships and Salsa - SF advice guide

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by chrisk, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Offbeat

Offbeat ¡WEPA!

..but I don't dance bachata either !! :p

SnowDancer likes this.
  2. Marisha

Marisha Son Montuno

:D:D:D It is a little bit dangerous...she will not like that.

3. granrey

granrey Son Montuno

If you want to get her.......you have to be willing to lose her.....

4. Marisha

Marisha Son Montuno

She could start doing the same. I do not think you will like it also:)

If you care about someone, it is better not to do things you mentioned. It can hurt.

5. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

I think you and Marisha will not be compatible. :)

6. granrey

granrey Son Montuno

being honest that's BS lol. Relationships come and go.

Never chase anyone to be/dance with you. In the opposite, people should come and stay in your life at their own free will.

Never look insecure or needy.

If she does the same? good, she is not into you. next person please! lol

keep in mind, she was the one who started dancing with other guys. for instance if I dance with a girl but I came with someone I care about (like my gf). My duty is to return to her after I finished dancing with the other girl. It's the right thing to do and she should do the same on similar situation. No need for chasing, being needy or insecure.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  7. Offbeat

Offbeat ¡WEPA!

That was probably one of the most immature posting on SF that I come across!!

LarsM, wol, MAMBO_CEC and 1 other person like this.
  8. Offbeat

Offbeat ¡WEPA!

Errr where did that come from? o_O

9. granrey

granrey Son Montuno

Lmao

10. SnowDancer

She only omitted 'bachata dancers' in the list of guys she wouldn't date. And you don't like bachata. :D

11. Marisha

Marisha Son Montuno

I think you made a wrong assumption about Offbeat's intention.:)
    It is too dangerous for my brain and heart to date a dancer, I want to sleep well:D
    :)

SnowDancer likes this.
  12. SnowDancer

It's true, that it can cause a lot of drama that makes dancing less enjoyable. I've only had 2 girlfriends in the salsa scene in my 10 years of dancing. In both cases, we were friends for at least 4 years first. I tend not to move very fast.:oops:

13. Marisha

Marisha Son Montuno

So, do you date a salsa dancer now?

14. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

My ex was a Salsa dancer.
    We had problems on our relationship; Salsa was NOT one of them.

15. Marisha

Marisha Son Montuno

I know at least four couples who happily married and dance salsa. One couple: husband and wife take turns, she stays at home with children and he goes out, next week she goes out and he stays at home with children. Sometimes they go out together. I also know another one, who said that salsa saved their marriage. The counselor recommended them to start dancing. Their friend teaches salsa, so they ask him to teach them. Now they cannot live without salsa and forget about divorce. :)

SnowDancer and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  16. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

I know a few married couple that met via dancing. :p

17. granrey

granrey Son Montuno

relationships are way more comlplicated than this. just because people are together, it does not mean they are happy. just because they do something, it does not mean they are happy. it couple pretty well play out like this.

her: "I'm going dancing this weekend. you stay with the kids"

this is where lots of men and women screw up. they either get angry because they suspect cheating. Some dump the partner and some live their lives staying home wondering if they are being cheated on.

what he has to say is this: "cool you are doing that. next week I'll go dancing and you take care of the kids, enjoy your weekend"

this does not mean he is happy by that's what he must do and be aloof.

18. Marisha

Marisha Son Montuno

It does not make sense for me. If people are not happy together and nothing can change this situation the best solution is to quit the relationship.

19. granrey

granrey Son Montuno

Quitting is more complicated than that.

Just because somone goes dancing without you. It does not mean they are cheating or trying to end the relationship.

Even when people have real evidence. Quitting a relationship has lots of implications: feelings, emotions, kids, money, property, future income, etc. Most people have no understanding on these things.