Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by Brownskin818, Jul 15, 2009.

1. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca El Sabroso de Conguero

Not really. Gay is a word that was and remains commonly used throughout the English-speaking world. Both in its previous meaning and in its present meaning. Mambo in the 50s was a phenomenon known throughout the USA and to a lesser extent throughout the world. Mambo in its present meaning - i.e. dancing contemporary on 2 salsa to salsa dura music - is a concept unknown outside the closed world of the salsa scene.

2. DJ Yuca

It's not so much the timing as the moves and styling that differentiate old school mambo (dancing) from new school salsa (dancing). On saying that, the latter has definitely descended from the former, and some dancers have more mambo (as in old school mambo) flavour than others.

3. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

It's always the music. music defines what and how we should dance, with of course our own "style "..

Salsa was not in his wheel house and I have commented on this vid before .He is essentially doing a performance,, nuf said

Modern mambo is a closer term to the old , IF one incorporates foundation steps...

4. DJ Yuca

That doesn't actually mean what I want to say. Let me try again.

Gay is a word that was commonly used throughout the English-speaking world in its previous meaning, and is now commonly used in its present meaning.

5. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

We need some women's names in there. Timberamayor shouldn't be a "maestro". Do we have any maestra suggestions? :)

6. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

Why not change maestro to maestra?

terence likes this.
  7. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

Just so you know....this is Frankie's teaching schedule:
    upload_2017-10-4_22-7-27.png

8. terence

Why am I not surprised...

9. londongirl

londongirl Shine Officer

Have not been on these boards in forever. What did I miss? ;)

10. azana

Thomas Jefferson’s coming home

11. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

Sensual Bachata!

12. terence

Same old same old !

13. azana

Currently teaching Mark Antony in my Ancient History class and using the opportunity to make horrendously bad jokes and correlations :p (which the students are totally used to from me :)) I've explained, using a certain clip, how immensely popular the Roman triumvir was in New York.

I suspect the students are convinced this is one Roman I have a bit of a crush on... :D

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  14. Marisha

Marisha Tumbao

Why I dance... Pourquoi je danse...

15. Marisha

Marisha Tumbao

:inlove" Why do you dance?

16. Marisha

Marisha Tumbao