Radio Salsa Clásica / El Tornado Tropical con El Caobo

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by El Caobo, Dec 7, 2006.

1. El Caobo

El Caobo Maestro 'Salsa' Palmieri

[​IMG]
    CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO HEAR OUR LATEST RECORDED SHOW!

2. El Caobo

¡Estoy que no quepo en mi de contento! Hablen que hablen, sigo con mi salsa. Soy El Caobo, señores. ¡Punto y aparte!

3. El Caobo

RADIO SALSA CLÁSICA
    EL JUEVES, EL 1 DE DICIEMBRE DEL 2016
    ¡SALSA CLÁSICA & CONTEMPORÁNEA!
    PARA ESCUCHAR EL PROGRAMA EN VIVO, REVISA EL HORARIO, DESPUÉS HAZ CLIC EN LA IMAGEN
    (TO LISTEN LIVE, CHECK THE SCHEDULE BELOW, THEN CLICK THE IMAGE AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME)

[​IMG]

Para escuchar (primero consulta el horario de abajo):

- http://tunein.com/radio/WHPK-FM-885-s29405/
    - http://www.whpk.org/stream
    - WHPK, 88.5 FM (Chicago)

Horario (todos los jueves):
    - 1:00pm - 3:30pm: US Pacific
    - 2:00pm - 4:30pm: US Mountain | Guatemala | Mexico | San José
    - 3:00pm - 5:30pm: US Central | Bogotá | Lima | Panamá
    - 3:30pm - 6:00pm: Caracas
    - 5:00pm - 7:30pm: US Eastern | Habana | San Juan | Santo Domingo | La Paz
    - 4:00pm - 6:30pm: Asunción | Santiago | Buenos Aires | Montevideo
    - 9:00pm - 11:30pm: Madrid

Más información / More Information:
    - https://www.facebook.com/groups/RadioSalsaClasica

4. El Caobo

[​IMG]

Click the image above to hear our latest recorded show!

5. El Caobo

RADIO SALSA CLÁSICA
    EL JUEVES, EL 8 DE DICIEMBRE DEL 2016
    PARA ESCUCHAR EL PROGRAMA EN VIVO, REVISA EL HORARIO, DESPUÉS HAZ CLIC EN LA IMAGEN
    (TO LISTEN LIVE, CHECK THE SCHEDULE BELOW, THEN CLICK THE IMAGE AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME)

[​IMG]
    Después de consultar los horarios de abajo, haz clic en la foto para escuchar el programa en vivo.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR CONTACT LIST

- 2:00pm - 4:30pm: US Mountain
    - 3:00pm - 5:30pm: US Central | México | Guatemala | San José
    - 4:00pm - 6:30pm: US Eastern | Bogotá | Lima | Panamá | Habana

- 5:00pm - 7:30pm: Caracas | San Juan | Santo Domingo | La Paz
    - 6:00pm - 8:30pm: Asunción | Santiago | Buenos Aires | Montevideo

- 10:00pm - 12:30pm: Madrid

6. El Caobo

[​IMG]

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO HEAR THE LATEST RECORDED SHOW!

Abayarde likes this.
  7. El Caobo

Another year is coming to an end! As I look forward to 2017, I reflect on all that I have learned.

Firstly, I observe my initial posts in this thread, when I used to post a playlist of my show. Back then, although I believed that I was playing very good music and felt that I knew salsa music very well, I would not play most of those songs today! What I have learned from this observation is that my taste in salsa is in a constant state of flux. Being a good salsa DJ and radio host is not a matter of having arrived, but instead is a matter of being on a constant journey. I understand now that I will never "arrive." Instead I will remain on a constant journey. I am at peace with that understanding.

I also have a better understanding of who the "haters" are. A lot of them are people who feel the need to blow out someone else's candle with the belief that doing so will light their own. However, the vast majority of haters passively express their hatred; which really is not hatred, but instead is envy. They are the people who listen religiously. They hardly ever miss an opportunity to listen and study what you do and how you do it. Yet, they never comment, never reply, never indicate that they "like" what you do. A very famous artist once said, "Not everyone in the front row is a supporter. Most of the front row seats are taken by haters." I definitely understand what that means.

Lastly, I have learned that my journey is just that "my journey." I love salsa music to an extent that most people cannot understand. I do not compete with anyone. I do not try to impress anyone. I simply do what I love and strive to do it as well as I can. This does not require anyone's approval, other than my own.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    LarsM and Abayarde like this.
  8. El Caobo

¡Adelante!

9. El Caobo

Can anyone tell me the significance of these two dates?

- December 1, 2006
    - December 6, 2006

10. El Minotauro

El Minotauro Sonero

Three thumbs up!

11. El Caobo

On December 1, 2006, while surfing the web I found SalsaForums and joined. On December 6, 2006, I began this thread for my radio show.

I already had been on the radio for a few years before joining SalsaForums. At that time, although there was MySpace, Facebook was either in its infancy or not yet available. So, SalsaForums was a very good tool for a guy on college radio. It continues to be an important tool and source of much information about salsa. There are some very passionate members here. We haven't always agreed, but frankly, whenever any two people always agree, one of hem is not necessary! Differences of opinion are healthy, as long as they are manifested respectfully.

So, I celebrate my 10 years on SalsaForums!

Abayarde likes this.
  12. El Caobo

I will not be doing my radio show today. Join me next week for an extended show: 3pm - 7pm, Chicago time.

Abayarde likes this.
  13. El Caobo

RADIO SALSA CLÁSICA
    EL JUEVES, EL 22 DE DICIEMBRE DEL 2016

[​IMG]
    Después de consultar los horarios de abajo, haz clic en la foto para escuchar el programa en vivo.​

14. El Caobo

Perhaps some of you remember when the radio station from where I do my salsa show was closed? It was closed for somewhere around a month and when it re-opened, there was reduced access to the building.

The Bad:

The station used to have live programming 24 hours a day. Now, when the building closes, we cannot do shows. This has not affected much my shows since my shows air when the building is always open, except duing holidays... such as right now. That's why I didn't do a show this past Thursday.

The Good:

To compensate for the lost of shows due to the above change, the station is setting up the ability for hosts to do shows from home. As a result, I am learning how to set up an online radio station! I've been wanting to do this for some time. Right now, I only post recordings of my radio shows on my website. Now, it is time to move to the next step of having my own online station. However, I will not stop my show at the college. There are some things afforded by being on the fm dial that are important to me. So, that show will continue.

What Is Next?

I am looking for people who want to do a radio show on my internet station. I want as much LIVE programming as possible. So, I will need several hosts. If you are interested, please send me an email: elcaobo@elcaobointernacional.com. I will then give you the details.

Very Important

If you are interested, please think very carefully about it. Not too long ago I tried to revive a newsletter that I used to send out weekly. A few people agreed to contribute to it, however, after two or three of them sent articles for it, it all dried up. No one was sending articles. So, since they did not submit articles, I decided to do it alone. It is a project that I will eventually resume, but since I ultimately will be providing all the articles, it made no sense to list others as contributors. So, my point here is that you seriously consider the commitment before offering to do a time-slot. Once it is up and running, my commitment will be there, so I would expect the same from any hosts. To answer the question that you all surely have right now... about compensation, I can tell you that, YES, there will be a way to make some money doing the show!

Why do a Show?

I have been fairly effective at driving traffic to my website, from where the station will be broadcasting. So, you will have the opportunity to reach listeners; making them YOUR regular listeners will be up to you and the quality of your show. Although I haven't done a show for a couple weeks, people still visit my website. Take a look at the screen-show before of the stats from my website; taken about an hour ago. The top number is the number of FIRST TIME visitors within the last seven days. The bottom number is the number of overall visits to the various page of the website within the last seven days. Again, I haven't done a show for a couple weeks, but the stats for the last week still are not too shabby. So, I believe that we will be starting off on a "good foot.".

[​IMG]

15. El Caobo

Thanks for the responses!

16. El Caobo

RADIO SALSA CLÁSICA
    EL JUEVES, EL 5 DE ENERO DEL 2017

[​IMG]
    Después de consultar los horarios de abajo, haz clic en la foto para escuchar el programa en vivo.

17. El Caobo

The show is now in progress!

18. El Caobo

[​IMG]

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO LISTEN TO OUR LATEST RECORDED SHOW!

19. El Caobo

I just began today's show!

20. El Caobo

I just began today's show!