Prince

Discussion in 'Member Reviews' started by terence, Apr 22, 2016.

1. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

I guess by now most have heard he died on Thurs morning found in an elevator .sad way to go....

2. Don't know if there's a happy way to go, but I understand the point.

Musically, I've become frustrated over the last 24 hours as all I hear over and over and over are mentions of Purple Rain, When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, 1999 and a couple of others. For the general public and the casual listener this is what they know and will mourn/celebrate with. But there was so much more. Sooooo much more and it gets no mention.

I did love reading this part as both the venue and band are favs of mine
    http://pagesix.com/2011/01/11/important-fan/

3. calichris10

calichris10 Sabor Ambassador

Prince also loved salsa music!!! He frequented a former salsa club out here called Mama Juana's :)
    so sad :( So many memories...his music has always been a part of my life.

4. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

I still remember DJing in an Atlanta club back when.. early in the 1st set, the owner asked me to play Purple rain ( it had just been released ) and yep.I did also DJ for the disco period on occasion .

5. BullitproofSoul

BullitproofSoul Shine Officer

6. premier

premier Shine Officer

To be honest Prince is one of those artists who never bliped on my radar. I knew the big hits of course but never really looked into his discography. He always seemed a bit too artsy and weird to my taste and I don't think I'm alone with this. But seeing him go was sad of course. There's way too many of those "artists" nowadays who don't really matter. Prince was an anti-thesis of this. He was a true artist. I think I'm going to have to look into his music a bit more.

7. thepresenceon2

thepresenceon2 Rhythm Deputy

Start with Adore, Insatiable, Shhhh, Baby I'm a star...