Paris International Salsa Congress - Get together

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Hexlibris, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Get together during...

1. dinner

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. drinks

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. other

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hexlibris

Hexlibris Sonero

Hi All,

Several SFers will come to Paris in April for the 2nd edition of the PISC.
    I would like to organize some get together, so that we can all meet up.
    It will be great to see old friends, and meet new ones.

To get things going, i would like to know how many of you are interested and for what (dinner, drinks, whatever)

Paris is not a cheap city, so restaurants will need to be chosen with size/price in mind.
    Most of the pubs also offer food options, but it will depend what everyone would like to have.

lidiap and MAMBO_CEC like this.
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

I have yet to book my flight!

P.S. - In my experience over multiple congresses, it is very difficult to get SF bunch to agree to a place and time :)

Hexlibris, lidiap and MAMBO_CEC like this.
  3. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

Yep, that's right! Still, it's worth a try.

Thank you @Hexlibris!

Hexlibris likes this.
  4. Hexlibris

Hexlibris Sonero

You never know unless we try :D

5. Offbeat

I am have flights all booked for Paris. Arriving on 20th, leaving 24th.

I haven't finalized the where to stay. Would prefer the Hyatt, which is the venue hotel. In case anyone wants to share the room, I am up for it.

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  6. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

Unfortunately, I think the Hyatt was full several weeks ago.

7. Offbeat

Full? Was there a link on the congress website? I didn't see any link and therefore searched by the hotel name in google. All the booking sites are showing it available for $182 (non refundable) a night. What was congress rate?

8. SnowDancer

I was going through booking.com; perhaps it was just them showing it as full. I didn't see a special rate for the congress. $182 sounds reasonable, as all the hotels in the area were $100 at least.

9. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

I think the rooms were sold as a package with the various passes, I don't remember them being sold separately.

The congress posted on FB that party passes will not be sold at the door - although a photo/poster shows advance purchase price vs door price (higher at the door, of course). Either way, I recommend buying your party pass online, at least make sure you're in. Everything else is sold out.

SnowDancer likes this.
  10. Offbeat

Thanks, I already bought my party pass, booked the hotel and airport transfer - all yesterday :)

I did read that they won't be selling the party pass at the door, somewhere. But then on their pricing page or elsewhere they have shown the price at the door for individual night and party pass. Is Thursday included in the party pass? Their single night dancing tickets are the most expensive that I have ever come across at a congress.

P.S. - I got a good rate for the hotel, but I need to watch if the rate drops since there is a price match guarantee :p

lidiap and SnowDancer like this.
  11. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

Thursday is not included, it's 15 Euros at the door.

12. Hexlibris

Hexlibris Sonero

You guys doing all parties, from Tuesday till sunday ?

13. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

Thursday to Sunday should be enough for us.

kbitten and Hexlibris like this.
  14. SnowDancer

Arriving Monday, and that's my plan.

15. Offbeat

So what are our SF meet up plans in Paris?

16. I'm down! But then I say that every time but fail to follow through. This time though........count me in for whatever.

17. hiken2367

hiken2367 Changui

I'm very much a long time forum lurker, however I'd be very interested at the very least to consciously see or dance with any of you on the dance floor :D

18. SnowDancer

Perhaps we could at least try to find each other to say hello at one of the pre-parties, which won't be as crowded. I'm planning on going to the first one on Tuesday.

19. Offbeat

Agree if you meet on the first day, then it is usually easier to track down later. Some of us already know each other.

20. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

I really hope we can get together this time, I would really like to meet all the SFers. It is so much fun meeting the forum members in person rather than exchanging "pleasantries" on the computer. Hopefully I get to meet Flujo and hiken2367.

hiken2367 likes this.