New timba

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by timberamayor, Nov 4, 2012.

1. timberamayor

timberamayor Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

The video is out for Cubanos Issac Delgado & Los Van Van

Marcos and UchimaSalsa like this.
  2. timberamayor

3. timberamayor

So apparently Lachy Fortuna, while still being with Pupy y los que son son, is also recording an album of remakes of 90s timba. This is a demo

4. timberamayor

OK neither new, nor old enough to be classic but the video is newly uploaded and it's a great song.

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  5. timberamayor

6. timberamayor

Yomil y el Dany with Elito Revé y su Charangón. Another fusión - Yomil & El Dany are certainly popular now. I think the audio isn't the best but if they release it I suppose they'll clean it up.

Salsquatch likes this.
  7. timberamayor

8. timberamayor

9. Mark Morgan

Mark Morgan Changui

So all of these examples are timba? Is this just a more pop style of salsa?

10. There is a new album coming up from Alain Perez! No official releases yet, some songs can be found by searching Alain Perez 2017 in Youtube. The album seems to be called ADN, sounds like good stuff! :)

11. New Azucar Neeegrraa

Salsquatch and timberamayor like this.
  12. timberamayor

A friend was talking this weekend about how everyone is recording with Alexander these days as well so doing guest spots such as LVV with Issac.

13. Bamboleo with Roberton as well, one of my favourites. Bamboleo live a few weeks ago was a total riot, must see band live...except their truly awful a capella rendition of "i will always love you". I hope Lazarito is reading this :p

timberamayor likes this.
  14. timberamayor

I saw them one in Stockholm when it was Vania and Yordamis. I would love to see them with Ianna. I would also love it if they drop any rendition - a capella or otherwise - of I will always love you :) From your lips to Lazarito's ears ;)

15. Ianna is a superstar. I couldn't take my eyes off her the whole show, pure fire. I was emotionally conflicting during that a capella - as bad as it was I couldn't turn away :eek:
    I would love to see them with Vania! Lucky you. Not to mention Ailyn and Haila...

timberamayor likes this.
  16. Salsquatch

Salsquatch Changui

I love this track. The audio has been on YouTube for a while so it's great to see a video for it. I'm taking the lyrics as gospel in the salsa/timba debate.

I haven't heard an Abreu collab' that I don't like!

timberamayor likes this.
  17. timberamayor

Speaking of guest spots - a new song from an all female group Son Tentación in Peru featuring MB y su SM "Pa Que Veas Lo Que Hay

Seems good from the promo video, but really MB isn't the best singer in his group ;) but I get it. OK.

AToyane likes this.
  18. AToyane

AToyane Changui

Definitely not the best singer... But I guess a featuring without MB in person isn't that interesting.
    Give us some Yordys! :)

timberamayor likes this.
  19. timberamayor

Fairly new video by Yasser Ramos y 9mm CD is ready but not the design.

20. timberamayor

The got a little carried away with the video LOL but I really like the song.