New timba

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by timberamayor, Nov 4, 2012.

1. timberamayor

timberamayor El Sabroso de Conguero

Glad to hear it. I've been caught up by other things so I haven't had time to finish the review yet. I hope to work on it tomorrow.

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  2. Salsquatch

Salsquatch Changui

The song's been posted here, but I've been enjoying the video for Que Sorpresa which came out in February. Finally explains why she gets so upset over a little bit of agua!

3. timberamayor

Nice new Pupy y los que son son - Pasándola Bien

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  4. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

His coming to Antwerp, Belgium, soon! Pupy has a longstandig reputation, to me this is modern Son.

Pupy y Los Que Son Son feat. Mayito, Jos Pepito Gmez, Tania Pantoja y Pedro Calvoon Mar 25, 2017 in Borgerhout, Belgium, Antwerpen, Belgium.

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

5. timberamayor

Yes. Tonight they're in Mallorca. You're lucky if you are able to see one of the concerts. I won't be able to.
    http://www.timba.com/tours/pupy-y-los-que-son-son

Here's some video from the concert in France on march 4th - but without the guest artists.

6. Marcos

Marcos Changui

I had a sorpresa of my own. I started to see the video and my daughter sweetly sat on my lap. After about five seconds I realized she had a crappy diaper!

Salsquatch and timberamayor like this.
  7. Tomm

Tomm Sonero

They also Play in Zurich on the 24. of March
    Iam really looking forward to this, but its a very small club, i really wonder how its goin down....

timberamayor likes this.
  8. timberamayor

well I guess it will be a very intimate concert then I just hope the sound system and acoustics are good!

9. timberamayor

More Azúcar Negra "Agua caliente"

disfrazadas likes this.
  10. disfrazadas

disfrazadas Changui

For a second I thought I was listening to the original Charanga Habanera, I heard a Sombrilla "Eh?".
    This is a great song, is Limonta held in the same realm of regard as Formell in Cuba? Azucar Negra always hits the spot for me. I hope one day he'll get some female singers again.

11. disfrazadas

disfrazadas Changui

New Bamboleo, for me one of the better modern Bamboleo songs.

Edit: wow@ the ending, so unexpected haha
    Or Studio version:

12. timberamayor

As you probably know Limonta wrote a little for Charanga Habanera before working with Bamboleo. Nube pasajera is one of his songs.

No one is held in the same regard as Formell :) I think people recognize that Limonta writes great lyrics, but he is not a trained musician and as such, sometimes the trained musicians look down their nose at him. There was major bad blood between him and Lázaro Valdés with the split from Bamboleo. One problem he has had, other than losing the female leads, is that other higher status bands keep poaching him for new singers. Charanga Habanera and Maykel Blanco for example have taken singers from his band. Of course Maykel has also lost a number of singers over the year to other bands or to them just leaving to start their own or leave Cuba or whatever.

There is a video up with Luna Manzanares singing with Azúcar Negra but the problem with that is that it's a bachata-pop LOL, so I haven't posted the link in this thread.