New timba

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by timberamayor, Nov 4, 2012.

1. timberamayor

timberamayor Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

The new official video by Maykel Blanco y Salsa Mayor

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  2. timberamayor

New Manolito Tú me dejaste

3. Where did the Trabuco Charanga sound go :/

4. timberamayor

All the singers do the Amaray style now. One of the nice things in the past was how El Indio was such a good sonero. I expect that the R&B trills don't lend themselves well to the charanga sound. But then there is this excellent new song by Adalberto - not charanga but wow! Candela!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  5. My other observation was "Manolito has become a boy band???" but I didn't want to come across too negative haha. What exactly is the Amaray style? I'm not sure I'm a fan of the R&B thing, especially after binging on his songs Sircoco Ven Ven and Perfume.

The Adalberto song is fire! Perhaps I should listen to him more.

6. This song is great as well. I might have to spend a while backtracking through this thread.

timberamayor likes this.
  7. timberamayor

Bamboleo

disfrazadas likes this.
  8. timberamayor

I'm liking Yasser's stuff

9. timberamayor

New from Monica Mesa with a touch of Flamenco

10. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

Timbera Mayor,

Thanks for posting in this way we keep informed on the latest Cuban musical developments, great musical innovations!

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

11. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

12. timberamayor

New video from Papucho y Manana Club

13. timberamayor

Maykel Blanco y su Salsa Mayor @ CDLM Miramar with Alexander Abreu guesting.

14. Dissonant Harmony

Aisar y el Expresso de Cuba's album is out! :O

15. timberamayor

yes indeed! I am working on my review and will be posting it soon. What do you thin of it? I definitely hear similarities to some of his arrangements for the Charangón as well as some elements that are more traditional and at the same time some songs hat really get the timba feel as well. I think it should have a wide appeal - but then again - I never seem to know what regular salseros will like LOL

timbero-fi and AToyane like this.
  16. timberamayor

New video from Lima
    Alain Almeida y La Constelación de Cuba

17. Dissonant Harmony

Beating timberamyor. :cool:

timberamayor and arsenio123 like this.
  18. timberamayor

Great song! You're too fast for me ;)

19. Dissonant Harmony

Just a fluke. ;)

Not a "Regular Salsero" here. I'm just more of a "melody-boy" than a rhytm one. I like interesting musical lines and rich "atmosphere", and also prefer it when the different instruments compliment each others' roles...
    Many Timbas fees to me more like music "for fun" rather than...Somethig "sophisticated". Morover - I prefer dancing to slow music, that has 'tiny details".

---

This album is much more to my liking, compared to other popular Timba songs in my "Cuban" scene.
    We have only one "serious" Cuban party happening once in a month, whose DJ plays good Timba. Unfortunately, this is the only venue where I can see this album suiting:
    The rest of the Cuban parties are marketed as "young" and "cool" and feature song of the likes of: Calle Real, Timbalive, Orquestra Mayembe...And also a bunch of Reggaetons, or some random tropical music.

To contrast, I can actually imagine some of this album's songs played in a few linear lines here. ;)

timberamayor likes this.
  20. timberamayor

Glad to hear it. I've been caught up by other things so I haven't had time to finish the review yet. I hope to work on it tomorrow.