New timba

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by timberamayor, Nov 4, 2012.

1. zoignk

zoignk Changui

Of course. Here are just some of them:
    1) Havana de primera - Quando el rio suena
    2) Tirso Duarte - Yo soy tu papi
    3) Charanga Habanera - Lola Lola
    4) Manolito Simonet - El diablo colorao
    5) Los Van Van - Soy todo
    6) Pupy - Borachera
    7) Paulito FG - Entre dos amigos...

2. timberamayor

timberamayor Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

Like you I prefer timba without reggaeton, but in terms of deeper lyrics I have to say that Lola, Lola and Entre dos amigos are a bit on the less deep side IMO although great musically. But of these groups, Tirso & CH are really the only ones who have switched to mixing with reggaeton most of the time. Manolito tried it a bit but seems to have found himself again, and Paulito does things on and off but continues to be a great classic timba artist. And then we have new groups like Maykel Blanco, El Niño y La Verdad and Aisar & El Expresso de Cuba that are doing great music with good lyrics. So I don't think there are still plenty of good timba groups with good lyrics, including new groups. But the loss of CH was sad. They used to be my favorite group.

3. timberamayor

4. eargoombah

eargoombah Changui

I think it is a new band.

5. timberamayor

If you mean Soneros All Stars yes and no. Soneros All Stars under the direction of Yanesito Bogdan released their first CD "Dime Nagüe" in 2004 and then "La Timba Soy Yo" in 2007/2008 and the EP "Lolo" a few years after that. This is a new album coming from by Yanesito's Soneros All Stars.

However Pedro Pablo recently started a new group and named it Soneros All Stars - so there we have a problem. I doubt the he knew about the existing SAS since Yanesito is based in Sweden. But it is definitely going to cause some confusion for people who aren't paying close attention. I think they are going to start having to use the names Yanesito y sus Soneros All Stars for example to help avoid confusion.

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  6. timberamayor

7. timberamayor

8. timberamayor

Posting the official video now. the other one was removed - The single is being released on November 25th at digital outlets. It's the first single from their debut album "Musica cubana llegó el expresso" which is currently planned for release in Cuba on December 22. I don't know if there will be a worldwide digital release the same day..

If you're in Cuba you can catch them live every Wednesday at the matinee at El Diablo Tun Tun from 5:00pm-9:00pm, the first and third Friday of every month at Café Cantante , and the second Saturday of every month at Los Jardines del 1830 from 10:00pm.

9. timberamayor

Reposting stuff that was taken down
    Siempre sí Live- Live is always more fun even if the audio isn't always perfect.

But if you want the best audio the official video

Slowdance likes this.
  10. timberamayor

Slowdance likes this.
  11. timberamayor

New Pupy y los que son son. I notice pupy isn't playing piano in this video. This is the second one I've seen with someone else on piano.

wol, MAMBO_CEC and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  12. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

Van Van -esque? Love it.

timberamayor likes this.
  13. timberamayor

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Salsquatch and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  14. Salsquatch

Salsquatch Changui

15. timberamayor

New Van Van - Amiga Mía with Mandy Cantero on lead

disfrazadas likes this.
  16. timberamayor

17. timberamayor

18. timberamayor

One of the songs (romantica) from "El que corta el bacalao" - CD release 25th of January (Emilio Frias "El Niño" on lead)

19. timberamayor

New video by El Niño y La Verdad "Con Eleguá y con Orula". their European tour is February 15-March 5. All the dates will be publsihed next week, but you cn find some of them at FB.

timbero-fi likes this.
  20. timberamayor