New timba

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by timberamayor, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Salsquatch

Salsquatch Changui

timberamayor likes this.
  2. timberamayor

timberamayor El Sabroso de Conguero

The new video by Timbalive feat Descemer Bueno & Kola Loka - more timbaton than I like at the beginning but then gets into real timba - a fun song

Nuyorican and wol like this.
  3. timberamayor

A teaser for the new single by Elito revé y su Charangó with Susel on lead. Written by Osmani Espinosa arrangement by Cucurucho production by Dagoberto Gonzalez. Sounds good looking forward to the new CD! Tour start in July!

timbero-fi likes this.
  4. timberamayor

timbero-fi likes this.
  5. timberamayor

6. timberamayor

Not quite sure where to put this but there will be a radio interview with El Noro on the "From the Isle of Music" shortwave radio show. Can also be listened to online.

"Our July 19 (July 18 in the Americas on WBCQ) program includes more of María Felicia Pérez, director of Coro Exaudi, winner of the Choral Music category in Cubadisco 2016, and our very special guest is El Noro, winner of the Popular Dance Music - New Artists category in Cubadisco 2016. We'll be playing some of the album Sin Escala by his group El Noro y Primera Clase and conversing with him about the album and the group. We will also have some Reyes 73 from the 1970s.
    WBCQ, 7490 KHz, Tuesdays 0000 UTC (8pm EDT Mondays)
    Channel 292, 6070 KHz, Tuesdays 1900 UTC (2100 CEST)
    See the NOTES section of our Facebook page for instructions for listening online if you are out of range or don't have a shortwave radio."

https://www.facebook.com/fromtheisl...672413821982/1139071719448717/?type=3&theater

7. timberamayor

A little current affairs commentary from Leonel Limonta y Azúcar Negra
    "La Habana Está de Fiesta"

8. timberamayor

And from Chispa y los Complices - Cuba me llama

zoignk and Slowdance like this.
  9. timberamayor

And a timbatón with Los 4 feat. Alexis David Zamora ex- Maykel Blanco y su salsa mayor, currently Charanga Habanera. I've always liked his singing and this starts as a rumba so...there's a reason I prefer Los 4 when people are going to play reggaeton. Not that I want to listen for a whole night but still...

Sabrosura and Salsquatch like this.
  10. timberamayor

Timba romantica by Combinación de La Habana

11. ElNicheTeo

ElNicheTeo Changui

Not necessarily new, but hadn't noticed Maraca being mentioned yet!

Anyway, I can't post a link because I'm too new. But La Novela is a great timba tune.

12. timberamayor

Hahaha definitely not new but yes, very good

13. timberamayor

Orquesta Revé official video of Que El Solo Salga pa Todo El Mundo

zoignk and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  14. Awe, you are fast!

15. zoignk

zoignk Changui

I like arrangement of this song. What I don't like in the majority of new timba is total absence of quality texts with different topics. There is recognizable pattern in almost every song : Introducing themselves and band multiple times, sing about Cuba or how good is their band and mixing with simpler genre (reggaeton). They should make an effort to produce something more subtle, with deeper spirit...

16. timberamayor

Do you have example of older timba songs with the kind of lyrics you have in mind?

17. timberamayor

OK so not exactly standard timba. It's a changüí-influenced salsa version of "La Carta" by Alain Daniel and Buena Fe. You all know I have a weakness for Buena Fe who are really more of a pop/rock/fusion group with trova type aesthetic. Anyway, funny song and now I can really dance to it! I need to find where I can buy this version :) I also enjoy the almendrón part of it, although staged still it's realistic.

18. not sure if this song is new but the video was just uploaded.

19. timberamayor

Video from Mis 21 Años - Klímax "Mami"

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  20. timberamayor

Not new by any means but something I haven't heard before from Spain. It takes a bit to get going but I like it.

Dissonant Harmony likes this.