New timba

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by timberamayor, Nov 4, 2012.

1. timberamayor

timberamayor El Sabroso de Conguero

And this is the one that totally brings to mind Juégala by Pupy y los que son son. It's not the same but still...

Juégala for comparison.

2. salsim

salsim Nuevo Ritmo

Maykel always brings great CDs, i am a big fan of his music... TM did MB y Su SM toured Russia and China last year?

3. timberamayor

yes and Japan as well for the first time. Pretty cool. Plus the news CD was 18 on billboard's tropical chart

salsim likes this.
  4. salsim

salsim Nuevo Ritmo

nice, thanks for the info... it will be great to see a Timba section at Billboard... hehehe

the market in those countries is very important, Japan and Russia like cuban music, and China in my opinion is a progressive country in their music taste... do you know if other cuban bands have toured China before?

hehehe... i promise this is my last question, what the band say about the tour, how did it go?

5. timberamayor

I know that La Charanga Habanera went to China several years ago. I can't remember off the top of my head who else has. I haven't talked to the band about how it went. Maybe Maykel posted something about it at their Facebook page.

salsim likes this.
  6. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

well I always wondered what that song would look like danced On2/contratiempo, well here is the answer

timberamayor likes this.
  7. timberamayor

Bamboleo - Apululu y bien.
    If you've spent any time in Cuba recently you have noticed that the word(s) más de moda is apululu ( or a pululu). there are at least 3 songs maybe more using this word now. I was so sick of the word after spending 5 weeks there. People are shouting it out all the time. Apparently it was popularized by a Cuban comedian recently but the word pululu is an old word meaning abundance. People are using now also just to mean things are really great. In the case of this song they are using the reference "look at how I have women - apululu" that makes sense - but "Look at how I have Havana apululu" makes less sense in the original meaning and more in the second.

8. timberamayor

And a recent collaboration with 4 well-known singers of the younger generation: El Noro, Rusdell Nuñez, El Niño and Maikel Dinza (in order of appearance)

9. timberamayor

10. timberamayor

New Klímax featuring Dayan from Pupy y los que Son Son.

11. timberamayor

new Manolito y su trabuco I like it!

AToyane likes this.
  12. timberamayor

Hope everyone can see this. Yasser Ramos was a Maykel Blanco singer for several years. I was actually at the rehearsal when he was trying out for the band LOL - ah memories. Anyway, he is now in Peru. He sang Debajo de la baacera with MB y su SM so his nickname became Yasser el Balacero. I don't know if he still uses that nickname but I assume the 9 milimetros band name comes from that.

13. timberamayor

And now for something more romantic - Tu silueta by El Niño y a Verdad

14. timberamayor

Not quite as new but I don't think this has been posted here yet E Baile de a palangana

15. timberamayor

DJ Mandy has been busy with the uploads. Maikel Dinza & Soneros de la Juventud

16. timberamayor

For those who don't know, Pavel Molina was Van Van's bassist for many years until he spoke out on FB about problems in the band (but didn't name names). He was fired for that. Now living in Italy

17. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

So I'm not sure how new this is (6 months old?) but it's the first time I hear of Carlos Manuel and my first reaction to hearing this great song as part of a timba mix was, "This sounds more like salsa dura than timba!" (In my book, that is a good thing :D ) So I had to go check this is indeed a "timba" band, and discovered that apparently he now lives in Miami/NY -- no wonder this doesn't sound like "timba" -- in any case, I like it :)

18. timberamayor

Video not available here. Anyway, yes he moved to Miami ages ago. I think he owns a club there now. This is a song that liked from him before he left Cuba when he was doing timba.

19. timberamayor

Here's one you might like by Wil Campa. He's done quite a varied repertory in recent years lots of tropical fusion merengue type stuff that has been popular, but this is more to my taste and I think it should appeal to salseros as well as timberos.

20. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

The song is El Negro Esclavo.