Modern pop chart song for Salsa dance

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by styer, Apr 14, 2009.

1. styer

styer Changui

Hi All,

I'm looking for a modern pop/chart song that I could salsa to. I'm looking for a song that most people will recognise. I'm looking for either a latin song such as one of Ricky Martins, a pop song that has been remixed or a none latin song that I could dance to. It's for a local competition and I'm struggling for ideas. The reason I want a modern pop song or something like that is because I want the crowd to be able to identify with song and maybe catch their attention a bit more...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2. you sure you want to go that route?

I feel people get more excited with fast, exciting jams.............

But there's always......1,2,3 Maria.....I can't remember the exact name.....that Azuquita did about 8 years ago on one of his albums

3. styer

styer Changui

Thank you, I'm just completely useless when it comes to music... my problem is I don't really know whats out there... where I am it's kinda the same music thats played the whole time and we get little variation, my own fault really, I should be listening to stuff on the internet and building my own collection. Thank you for your sugestion and if you have any others please let me know...

Thank again

4. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

There is a salsa remix of 50 Cent's 'In da club'.

Most people will know that.

That said, I'm inclined to agree with el_flaco_rumbero when he says that he feels the people get more excited with fast, exciting jams

5. styer

styer Changui

Thanks bas, The competition isn't a salsa one, it's a mixed competition where each couple will be performing a different style of dance. Thats one of the reasons I was looking for something that people would know....

Have you any example of music that you would consider fast, exciting jams?

I'll have a listen to any you suggest.

Thanks again, it is appreciated!

6. enigman

enigman Changui

You could try checking out Carlos Oliva's albums - he's done a few remixes of English pop songs.

Orquesta La Palabra have also 'salsafied' a few tracks here and there "Lady" for example sung by Kenny Rogers

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Check this site:

http:// michbuze.club.fr/zik/salsacovers.htm

This is a list of salsa covers of over 100 pop songs (I don't seem to be able to open the page just now but hopefully it's just a temporary glitch...).

8. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

http://michbuze.club.fr/zik/salsacovers.htm
    Somehow a space snuck in between http:// and the address so the link doesn't work. The site just worked for me though.

9. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

I'm so bad with song titles but I'll start paying attention to the songs I'm listening to and get back to you on that.

Keep in mind though, I have no competition experience so it would just be songs I consider to be fast and exciting and I have no idea whether they would be suitable or not . . .

10. bmaniaci

bmaniaci Changui

Modern Dance Music

I actually had spent a lot of time searching for modern and pop music that fits a ballroom count. I ended up putting my dance playlists all on a blog to help dancers looking for the same. If you're interested you can find it at maniaciballroom.blogspot.com/.