Memorable Salsa Quotes

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by ColdSalsero, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ColdSalsero

ColdSalsero Shine Officer

Haha :) How on earth is that related to salsa, and where does that quote come from?

2. Salsa Bear

Salsa Bear Sabor Ambassador

This is a good place for a Groucho Marx quote:

A man asks TWO women to dance, and one lady says, "Why, that's bigamy!"

Groucho replies, "That's big of both of us!"

cachondea likes this.
  3. polakito

polakito Son Montuno

"Shut up and dance." -- someone clever

4. DaveFUK

DaveFUK Tumbao

Spot on! :D

5. DaveFUK

DaveFUK Tumbao

Absolutely gonna have to commit this one to memory cos I'm always in need of this sort of quote. :D

The actual quote is

"Technique - bodily control - must be mastered only because the body must not stand in the way of the soul's expression."

One of my favourites and much requoted by myself :D

6. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

awesome thanks! And googling that allows me to credit "La Meri" with it... *goes to update Facebook profile*

7. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

That is a great one, and so true in regarding dancing and other physical disciplines. Thanks.

8. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

[Mod announcement]

The debate that started from the following post from DJ Ara has been removed from this thread.

If you want to discuss this, please go to:
    Music interpretation/authenticity debate [WAS: Ramblings]

[/Mod announcement]

Now back to memorable quotes...

9. olamalam

olamalam El Sabroso de Conguero

Thank you!

10. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

Since this thread went quiet I googled for dance quotes and the first one I found really spoke to me:

"Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music." ~William Stafford

cachondea and elanimal like this.
  11. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

Nice! Reminds me of something personal. According to my parents as a child I was singing all the time. They enrolled me in a choir. As a result I never sang anything anymore outside of a choir practice or concert. I don't remember the transition, it was something I never thought about, but for my parents it was quite obvious.

12. gentlegiant

gentlegiant Changui

My uncle always loved to dance the polka. When he was in his mid-eighties his doctor said he should slow down, not stress his heart - he shouldn't dance too much. My uncle said "If I can't dance I might as well die."
    He's now 96 and has aged quite a bit. He uses a walker but when he hears a polka he does his basic step in place while holding onto the walker (and with someone holding onto him so he doesn't topple over).

13. ColdSalsero

"Salsa: the only outlet for experiencing and expressing the meaning of life. Four minutes at a time. Change partners." -- A salsera friend.

14. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

Kind of like sanitized swinging....:eek::mrgreen:

15. ColdSalsero

"Dance, as in life, is all about timing and every moment counts...." - Joel Dominguez

16. ColdSalsero

‎"'I have a dream...that my children will one day dance in a salsa scene where they will not be judged by the style of their salsa nor the name of their team, but by the passion of their dancing' (Thank you Dr. King!!!)"

By a local salsero in Boston (not me).

17. Francisco

Francisco Sonero

that is awesome :D I hope I'll be like that when I'm that old :cool:

18. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

19. snowflake

snowflake Sonero

This is my favourite:

"If dancing were any easier it would be called football" ;)

20. ptwist

ptwist Tumbao

It's all about timing ... like playing Super Mario Brothers - Frankie Martinez

:lol: