Learning pachanga

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Zotop, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

Pachanga doesn't exist kkkkkkkkkkk

kbitten and DJ Yuca like this.
  2. premier

premier Shine Officer

I really like his break down but he's just plain wrong when he calls out the timing of those steps. He says "and.." every time he means the down beats (2, 4, 6, 8). "And" is what you have between the down and up beats.

cachondea and kbitten like this.
  3. kbitten

kbitten Clave Commander

Yeah!! What do we have to ' learn' from the know it alls ?! :rolleyes:

GroovyMambo and DJ Yuca like this.
  4. Jag75

Jag75 Shine Officer

That's actually a matter of semantics. Yes when counting syncopations you count 1 & 2 or 1 & a 2 or 1 e & a 2 etc however when teaching something like Pachanga there's nothing wrong with counting 1 & 3 & 5 & 7. In fact in some ways it's easier to teach beginner Pachanga dancers this way because count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc can actually be more confusing to them - especially if you want to emphasise the 1, 3, 5, 7.

It's common for many Pachanga instructors to count 1 & 3 & 5 & 7, and I'm including Eddie Torres crew here.

elanimal and kbitten like this.
  5. kbitten

kbitten Clave Commander

Yeah! Usually the 'and' would mean - you can do anything here, dont pay attention to this beat, just try to hit 1,3,5,7!

6. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

Whoa nice - thanks kbitten! I would gladly pay for the pachanga DVD (and others) if I could get it in a digital format, but DVDs? In 2016? Come on...

Guess I no longer have any excuse to not learn the pachanga basics :D

kbitten and cachondea like this.
  7. kbitten

kbitten Clave Commander

I am really against posting a whole class or dvd from any teacher in YT but since the teacher itself didnt complain so why not..

Abraham R. likes this.
  8. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

Well it's possible Jorjet isn't aware of the video having been posted on youtube...:/ but yes, very much agree.

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

[Mod comment]
    I have temporarily removed the post containing the video clip as we cannot ascertain whether the copyright holder has consented to the uploading of the content.

kbitten likes this.
  10. Desafinado

Desafinado Tumbao

Good luck if you're trying to learn pachanga from a video. :)

Jag75 likes this.
  11. LarsM

LarsM Nuevo Ritmo

Jorjet video is nice as a supplement to a private coach though :)

Jag75 and kbitten like this.
  12. premier

premier Shine Officer

Nice breakdowns from Jr :) Note: He's counting down beats properly instead of just saying "and".

13. kbitten

kbitten Clave Commander

with music

Chris_Yannick, GroovyMambo and lidiap like this.
  14. what do you mean it doesn't exist?

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  15. MAMBO_CEC

16. vit

vit El Sabroso de Conguero

Perhaps it doesn't exist in Cuba in that form so they dance cha cha cha on that music ...

17. hahaha that guy makes me laugh! Last time i checked his facebook he had all kinds of racist things on it. I think he's just secretly jealous of other cuban dancers. I always find him talking smack on Alberto Valdez and other great cuban dancers. Its one thing to put an argument on what authentic traditional cuban dance is and its another thing to say everybody who doesn't dance the way you dance is bad.

terence, kbitten and DJ Yuca like this.
  18. MAMBO_CEC

No,it existed in Cuba up until the time of the revolution in 1959. Even the "King" acknowledges that it came from there.

19. WHAT, Desafinado, elanimal and 2 others like this.
  20. MAMBO_CEC