Is Salsa dancing (globalized slot version) is an American art form?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MAMBO_CEC, Sep 13, 2015.

1. granrey

granrey Son

I personally do not understand why this is even a topic seriously.

It's kind of like saying. Is spoken English American ?(the internationalized popular version) is an American language form?

Seriously? For instance, for those than don't know there is a version of merengue music called pambiche aka palm beach. This version was made for Americans to dance as they could not dance standard merengue. Even so, this version of merengue is not American either.

The slot dance version of Salsa could be a simpler version to allow americans to dance it.

For instance bachata is commonly dance in slot as well. However, most Dominicans dance it "on the box or circular". Only when we are learning we might dance the slot version. Still, even though the slot version is popular overseas, it does not mean is an overseas invention.

Again, I don't even know why this is even a topic.

DJ Yuca, kbitten and salsera_alemana like this.
  2. flowrite

flowrite Sonero

Thanks MamboCEC but you can't make out the dancing style, if anything it was circular rather than linear.

3. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

The slot version, as you call it, is purely and simply , mambo with an "attitude "..

4. Live2dance

Live2dance Shine Officer

Ohhoo! LOL!!!! I like your attitude!

5. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

For those of you who are interested.

6. Groove On

Groove On Sonero

Neither here nor there ... Just thought it was interesting to see influences past, present and future ...