Is Kizomba just dry humping?

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by nowhiteshoes, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

I danced with him Cuban salsa also, and he said he does not like my lightness also but I always worked on my sensitivity, and ability to read even subtle impulses that leader sends me. Quite interesting...

2. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

I was thought, the best follower is someone whom a leader can lead with his fingers. So her body is an instrument for receiving and interpreting impulses from a leader and sounds from music.
    I think I should ask more leaders for feedback, that they think about my frame.

3. Winston

Winston Descarga

The best follower is someone whom the leader can lead even without touching. See what happens in the video of Terry and Hande Atalay, in Berlin, posted today in the social dancing videos section at exactly 1.28 - 1.29 min. ;)

A good follower is someone whom a leader can lead with his fingers.

A frame that is to stiff and when a leader must use significant muscle power is dangerous and unpleasant.
    Dangerous because the lead can throw the follow off balance, even resulting in falling on the dance floor.

Ofcourse there is a difference between a light follow and a follow with spaghetti arms. I can imagine that this is not the case with you.
    But I think generally the frame is ideally somewhat stiffer with kizomba than salsa, for faster response. But the step is still light. So no force is needed.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Marisha likes this.
  4. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Nope, I do not have spaghetti arms. I keep tension. It is almost impossible to read signals with such arms.
    Thank you.

5. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Yes....I got it. It was cool:rolleyes:

6. Winston

Winston Descarga

I changed my mind about a stiffer frame of the follow in kizomba than salsa.
    Must be the same.
    Lightness is in the feet or the steps and the balance and control you got over your body, not in the frame.

vit and Marisha like this.
  7. Winston

Winston Descarga

Do you have complaints from other leads?

Lightness means you can move immediately and effortlessly in any direction.

And you use your feet to do that. If your weight is on the appropriate foot (preferably the front part of your soles), posture and balance is good, and right on the beat then you can move light in any direction with just little cues and signals from the lead.

One teacher taught me that we use our eyes, ears and body/touch to connect with each other. So there are a lot of signals and cues coming in. So there's never a need for the use of force.

8. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Nope, It is the first time. Usually, I receive compliments that it is easy to lead me.

9. Winston

Winston Descarga

Thought so. He isn't such a good lead I guess.

But if you would like to dance with him again, you could adapt to his lead.

10. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Maybe he does not have much experience. I will ask him how long does he dance. And usually, he dances with his wife and couple of friends. I just think about it. Perhaps he leads me like his wife, and another type of leading seems strange and uncomfortable for him.

vit likes this.
  11. Winston

Winston Descarga

Yes, it seems like a beginners problem.
    With beginners I expect that and then I'll adapt to them. Also if it's a follow who dances for years, but she hasn't grow over the years, I will gladly adapt to her style. As long as it's fun to dance with her.

But if she's giving me instructions while she's really the one who needs instructions, then I will never ask her again. Except when she asks me, we will never dance again.

I don't teach on the dance floor, because I know you can put a person off (and I might be wrong too occasionally).

Marisha likes this.
  12. vit

vit El Sabroso de Conguero

There actually isn't any must ... your "frame" is defined by elasticity and strength of your core muscles and you can't do much about it. Goal is of course to dance with relaxed body in all genres, even in BR ...

Winston likes this.
  13. Winston

Winston Descarga

At 0.33 min something similar happens. :wacky:

Marisha likes this.
  14. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

15. vit

vit El Sabroso de Conguero

It's carribean zouk (a sort of), I've seen another clip of him dancing it a few years ago. We also had one class with one french guy before kizomba and brazilian zouk came. Now most of those dance some kind of kizomba

16. Marisha

Marisha Descarga

Quite intimate...