How to improve body isolation in Bachata?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Tcrumpen, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tcrumpen

Tcrumpen Changui

I've been doing Bachata for around 3 years and although i'm decent at it one thing i've struggled with for ages (and always struggled with) is body isolation, specifically anything torso related. I can do a shoulder shimmy very easily but anything to do with my torso i find very tricky. Although i'm a flexible person i'm naturally quite tense (due to my anxiety problems)

And my natural high tension is i think stopping me form being able to body isolate well. Body Rolls are a particular thing i'd want to be able to do decently. I'm aiming to be a proficient sensual bachata dancer so for that i know body isolation are key. Any tips people have is great

I've tried in front of a mirror but i hate watching myself practise (i can watch myself when social dancing but not when practising) as i often don't know what i'm doing wrong practising on my own doesn't really give me good results

2. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

Body isolation is body isolation. Doesn't matter whether you dance bachata or any other dance. Going to anyone teaching body isolation should help you. Body isolation is a tool. How and in which dance you use it, is up to you.

P.S. - btw most here don't like sensual bachata :D

3. Peason

Peason Son

Maybe because they can't do a proper body roll? :muted:
    :D

LarsM, Jag75 and wol like this.
  4. Offbeat

Maybe! :D :D

5. vit

vit Clave Commander

So how many body rolls done by him you see in this clip ?

6. Jag75

Jag75 Shine Officer

For bachata sensual you're better off learning rib-cage isolations over body rolls. Incidentally body rolls become a lot easier when you become better at isolating the rib cage and hips.

7. Del Dominguez

Del Dominguez Changui

From my experience, most body isolation classes don't focus on the back movement that is the most effective way to get that torso active. Yes, it's not necessary for body rolls but it WILL give you an active body ryhthm which will feel/look better to your partner. In regards to body rolls.....break it down....head---->Ribcage/Mid Spine--->Hip tilt----> soft knees.

Then rewind.

8. Offbeat

:D

can someone please make it vanish from the universe :p

akdancer and LarsM like this.