Hitting New York...

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Pax, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Nuyorican

Nuyorican Son Montuno

Where in NYC is this school where she teaches located?

2. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

Because she is a professional teacher and dancer from Cuba she is appointed at the Alvin Ailey Theater in New York as teacher and also at CUNY university. Not someone with a few lessons Jazz, AfroCuban and Flamenco and calling himself or herself "teacher" ....

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

3. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

Parties calendar: http://www.salsanewyork.com/calendar.htm

No list of classes--what is your experience and on2 experience specifically?

4. Nuyorican

Nuyorican Son Montuno

Thanks for the info. She recently taught a 4 week workshop that I wanted to attend in the beginning of the year but I missed it due to illness. Will look her up.

Cant help but ask, what do you mean by; "Not someone with a few lessons Jazz, AfroCuban and Flamenco and calling himself or herself "teacher"

5. jaybean2000

jaybean2000 Changui

Thanks for party calendar, looks like much dancing.

I dance on2 several years. Not so good though. Little city not so many teacher. Want to take many classes in NY

6. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

There are to many out there who are not qualified but start teaching. Where I come from to is a free profession, meaning no qualifations on paper are needed. What do you think I have seen.....

A short introduction to Yesenia.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  7. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

8. Nuyorican

Nuyorican Son Montuno

Agree 100% I myself have fallen victim to this when I didn't know better when I first began taking classes.

Wasted a lot of money in the beginning

This forum has taught me that teaching and dancing well can be mutually exclusive.

9. Nuyorican

Nuyorican Son Montuno

Would love to take classes with her. I think I read somewhere that she doesn't use numbers to teach. She uses rhythm.

Where does she teach now?

The link you provided is outdated.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  10. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

Nydia learned this NY Kids to dance real Mambo.....

Nydia is around you can find her on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/nydiao1

Send her a message.

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

11. Smejmoon

Smejmoon Clave Commander

I'm arriving next Saturday.

Sabrosura likes this.
  12. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

Have a good stay.

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

13. Sabrosura

I'll be in NY Friday night but am flying to Cuba on Saturday morning. So I'll miss you by one day...

Enjoy!

Smejmoon likes this.
  14. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

have a good stay in NY and Cuba.

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

15. Sabrosura

Anyone been to the Baile de Melao social? I've only been once and was wondering what it's like as it seems to be the only option on Friday night.

16. Sabrosura

I come to NY for almost all the LVG socials (I lived in NY for 6 years before I moved to Boston to do a Master's at Harvard) so perhaps we can meet there one of these days :) (My next one will be in March 26)

Smejmoon likes this.
  17. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

Sorry,

I am out the hustle danced to Latin music, all 'spin robots' dancing the same moves to all kind of different Latin songs/genres/styles. That is also the opinion of Eddie Palmieri!

I prefer the real thing!

saludos,
    arsenio123

Nuyorican likes this.
  18. Smejmoon

Smejmoon Clave Commander

Welcome! You're like an archetypal user of salsa forums. Wish you much endurance and lot of good dancing.

Dissonant Harmony, MAMBO_CEC and wol like this.
  19. Sabrosura

Could you share with us where you go to dance the "real thing"? We have members who would be interested.

20. arsenio123

arsenio123 Son Montuno

Today we go for the real thing in New York, Los Hacheros with Timbalaye:

“Timbalaye, Yo soy la timba Africana/Ritmo Cubano, sabor africano, Timbalaye, I am the African timba/ Cuban rhythm, African flavor.”

The guy dancing in black and white, is Tito Sandoval, a great NY dancer also rumbero, santero, teacher and a dear friend of mine.

Saludos,
    Arsenio123

azana and Nuyorican like this.