Guys, What Do You Do When Your Gua Won't Go or Your Ran Kan Can't?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Salsaurus Mex, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Don't worry guys,we won't get into that. But don't you just hear things in songs that sound like words in English? I swear there is an Africando song where the guy is singing "Talkin' bout my Jelly, my Jelly Doughnut" Am I the only one that hears these things? Anyone else have examples of this phenomenon?

cachondea, MAMBO_CEC and Abraham R. like this.
  2. Joco

Joco Changui

I think you may be experiencing the mishead lyrics phenomenon, if I may call it that. It was happening to me a lot when I was younger and was learning English. I do not really speak Spanish that much, but it happens that I hear something funny like that from time to time in a salsa song :). Maybe my brain associates things that I hear to what it can recognise..

There are bunch of funny examples on YouTube, here's one:

Salsaurus Mex likes this.

3. OMG this is so awesome. I am going to do a salsa compilation!!!! Any submissions much appreciated.Thanks Joco!

4. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

5. timberamayor

timberamayor Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

Sometimes Cuban bans will say something in English and it is often indecipherable. :)

6. manzanadulce

manzanadulce Sonero

Whoever made that compilation is clearly NOT a native English speaker. I laughed so hard at some of the lyrics they "heard." Or maybe they were just trying to be funny. Either way, I laughed a lot.

7. manzanadulce

manzanadulce Sonero

Sometimes? :rofl::p:D

LarsM likes this.