Facebook group?

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by KCSalsawannabe, Jan 20, 2008.

1. KCSalsawannabe

KCSalsawannabe Changui

Hey all, I'm sorta addicted to Facebook. If you're interested, I'd like to put together a SalsaForums.com group. If there is enough interest and you'd like to be added to the group, then put your search info so that I can add you to the group.

Oh and if you want to search for me, just type George Saghbene :)

2. sagitta

sagitta Pattern Police

perhaps..one of these days...

3. lolita

lolita Capitán Del Estilo

form it and send me a request :D

4. KCSalsawannabe

KCSalsawannabe Changui

Cool just let me know your name and your network and I'll get it started. :)

5. KCSalsawannabe

KCSalsawannabe Changui

Okay I've made the group. It's called SalsaForums.com Members. Start joining! :D

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Cool! Just joined! 8)

7. lucretia

lucretia Descarga

Just joined too....but another name. You will recognize my photo.

/Luc

8. lucretia

lucretia Descarga

Do anyone in this group se my uploaded videos?
    I've tagged them for Friends. Do not know if all people in this groups are concidered as Friends.

If you see that move - the girls is my favorite teacher. She competed at Orlando. Isn't she magic?

/Luc

9. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious Shine Officer

I joined too, under my real name, I think that's obvious.

10. KCSalsawannabe

KCSalsawannabe Changui

No I cannot see the videos :( There is a section on the group site for videos that you can upload there as well. You have to friend people in the group if you are just tagging people from your own page. They are not automatically considered friends if you join the group.

11. Jambo

Jambo El Sabroso de Conguero

I joined :D

12. DeeplyDippy

DeeplyDippy Pattern Police

Like a bad penny, I've turned up :D

13. SDsalsaguy

I added a link... guess where to? :lol:

14. KCSalsawannabe

KCSalsawannabe Changui

Hmmm... :D

I hope I'm not out of line requesting this, but so people will be aware as they join the forums (and to prevent this from getting buried for the current members) is it possible to make this a sticky? That way it won't fall by the wayside. No worries if we don't want to.

15. Morena

Morena Changui

Joined ;)
    Great idea!!!

16. SDsalsaguy

Sticky it is!

17. KCSalsawannabe

KCSalsawannabe Changui

Perfect, thanks!

18. lucretia

lucretia Descarga

But what are we gong to use this facebook group for?
    When should we add information here at SF and when at FB (facebook)?

/Luc

19. DeeplyDippy

DeeplyDippy Pattern Police

One thing we can do is discuss how we can use Facebook to improve the salsa scene where ever we dance.

I send out a Newsletter by email each week, listing the clubs and parties in my area, I send it to 1,200 people.

I'm using Facebook in several ways. I'm making a lots of "Friends", people I know through the Newsletter, friends of friends etc. I've been taking a lot of photos and use Facebook to store and tag the photos (and videos).

It's help build a stronger community, people love to see their photos and it's help put names to faces.

I've been talking to the club organisers and getting them to create Facebook groups. Then I link my photos for each club and invite Friends I've know have been or would like the club.

Once the groups are set up, the clubs can create Facebook events inviting people to party nights. Instant diary of event for me :D

I've started listing every useful group in a webpage, linked to from my Newsletter.

And this week, I've started linking each party in my listings to the event in Facebook.

20. lucretia

lucretia Descarga

I've tried some of the common bloggtools for a while to work in the same way as you DeeplyDippy. But I feel a lot disapointed about the quality of the movies. Especially youtube (used by several of them) that first shrink the picture to 320 px and then stretch it out to 415 (or was it 425?). What movies will look great that way?

I've also tried to create "secret rooms" where i force people to log in to watch movies. (I guess more people will be willing to be seen if they know the whole world wount se them. ) But I cannot find any tool good enough. Blogspot for example you need to be logged into youtube AND blogspot to watch movies published as "private". (They say the movies will be hidden from search engiines but they are actually hidden if you not login)

Any hints from anyone?

/Luc

pst. DeeplyDippy Watch your mails on Facebook!