El Sol Warsaw Salsa Festival 2017

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

LOL I recall one phone conversation a friend of mine had with her cousin from Russian. It went something like:

-"How is the weather there? Here it's 12".
    -"Nice! Here too...just...minus".

Sabrosura likes this.
  2. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

It was usually a little above freezing. Like 33 F. :) Actually, not even that cold. It's only mid-November.

Smejmoon and Sabrosura like this.
  3. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Yeah but I fled Portland to avoid winter weather, I need the sun!

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  4. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Usually not, but couple years ago it was very very cold. I remember, because I bought 2 sweaters, hat and gloves that day. :D

But it's usually the chilling wind not temperature. And bus/uber should be fine.

5. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Heh, that reminds me of my first festival outside Israel, Berlin Salsa congress in October. I brought only a light fleece and froze all weekend!

6. Dissonant Harmony

I guess I should prepare. S:

7. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Three weeks to go! Guys they are doing social dancing during the day too, from 1-7 PM. Right now it is only Saturday+Sunday which is too bad as Friday would actually be the perfect tine for afternoon dancing. I sent them a Facebook message, help me convince them by bombarding them with requests for dancing on Friday :)

Sabrosura and Smejmoon like this.
  8. Sabrosura

Sabrosura Maestro 'Sonero' Lavoe

Yeah but I imagine many people arrive Friday late afternoon/evening so not sure there would be enough for the afternoon dancing on Friday. Some of us work on Fridays you know :p I'm taking Monday off but don't want to use up two vacation days just for one congress. I'm going to a different congress pretty much every week, so at that rate I wouldn't have much holiday left if I used up vacation days for each one :p

9. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Shine Officer

If you work in Europe, you have practically unlimited vacation days compared to the US! :dancingbanana:

When I moved to Europe, I was shocked because it appeared like most people were never working! People would take Friday/Monday off to go to festivals every month and could still be able to take longer 1-2 week holidays sometime later during the year! Was totally absurd to me how common it was for people to take so many days off without repercussion. 5-6 weeks vacation AND 10+ public holidays a year... insanity!

Al Israel likes this.
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

That is more healthy than insanity :). Insanity is USA where there are so few vacation days for the most. Traveling from east coast to the west or vice versa easily eats up a day due to time zones.

11. Offbeat

A friend of mine has a discount code if anyone still wants to buy the pass for El Sol.

I will be at the Amsterdam and then go to Warsaw from there. I haven’t yet decided when to arrive in Warsaw. Last year I took a detour via Budapest (three days). Any suggestion? One alternative I am thinking is hop over to Paris for a couple of days.

12. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Son

Yess me! I didnt buy my pass yet and could use that :)

You should check out Krakow if you've never been there. Really worth a stop

Sabrosura likes this.
  13. Offbeat

I will send you a PM.

I have been to Krakow :)

14. Offbeat

Please check your private message box. I have sent you discount details on it. Suggest you buy it before 1st (I think the prices go up after that)

Tres Fort likes this.
  15. Sabrosura

For my five months of work in Luxembourg (it's a temporary position at the European Commission) I'm getting two weeks (10 days) of vacation days plus a week for Christmas and some public holidays. Still, I'd rather not waste my vacation days by taking Friday off when I can just as easily arrive at 11 pm since there's usually no dancing before that anyway. :) However I am taking off Monday since Sundays tend to be my favorite nights at congresses :)

16. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

For Warsaw I suggest starting at Thursday.

17. Sabrosura

Well if this suggestion had come six weeks ago when I bought my flights, it would have been a little more useful :p Actually our Airbnb was originally booked for Thurs but we changed it for Friday because none of us wanted to take Friday off :p

18. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

in Israel Fridays are always off and people work on Sunday.

19. Sabrosura

Well clearly Israelis are at a disadvantage when it comes to salsa congresses since if you want to attend all three nights you have to take both Sunday and Monday off :p

So are salsa congresses in Israel Thursday - Saturday instead of Friday - Sunday?

20. Dissonant Harmony

That's correct.

Sabrosura and Smejmoon like this.