El Sol Warsaw Salsa Festival 2017

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

LOL I recall one phone conversation a friend of mine had with her cousin from Russian. It went something like:

-"How is the weather there? Here it's 12".
    -"Nice! Here too...just...minus".

Sabrosura likes this.
  2. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

It was usually a little above freezing. Like 33 F. :) Actually, not even that cold. It's only mid-November.

Smejmoon and Sabrosura like this.
  3. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Yeah but I fled Portland to avoid winter weather, I need the sun!

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  4. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Usually not, but couple years ago it was very very cold. I remember, because I bought 2 sweaters, hat and gloves that day. :D

But it's usually the chilling wind not temperature. And bus/uber should be fine.

5. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Heh, that reminds me of my first festival outside Israel, Berlin Salsa congress in October. I brought only a light fleece and froze all weekend!

6. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

I guess I should prepare. S:

7. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Three weeks to go! Guys they are doing social dancing during the day too, from 1-7 PM. Right now it is only Saturday+Sunday which is too bad as Friday would actually be the perfect tine for afternoon dancing. I sent them a Facebook message, help me convince them by bombarding them with requests for dancing on Friday :)

Sabrosura and Smejmoon like this.
  8. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

Yeah but I imagine many people arrive Friday late afternoon/evening so not sure there would be enough for the afternoon dancing on Friday. Some of us work on Fridays you know :p I'm taking Monday off but don't want to use up two vacation days just for one congress. I'm going to a different congress pretty much every week, so at that rate I wouldn't have much holiday left if I used up vacation days for each one :p

9. Chris_Yannick

Chris_Yannick Rhythm Deputy

If you work in Europe, you have practically unlimited vacation days compared to the US! :dancingbanana:

When I moved to Europe, I was shocked because it appeared like most people were never working! People would take Friday/Monday off to go to festivals every month and could still be able to take longer 1-2 week holidays sometime later during the year! Was totally absurd to me how common it was for people to take so many days off without repercussion. 5-6 weeks vacation AND 10+ public holidays a year... insanity!

Al Israel likes this.
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

That is more healthy than insanity :). Insanity is USA where there are so few vacation days for the most. Traveling from east coast to the west or vice versa easily eats up a day due to time zones.

11. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

A friend of mine has a discount code if anyone still wants to buy the pass for El Sol.

I will be at the Amsterdam and then go to Warsaw from there. I haven’t yet decided when to arrive in Warsaw. Last year I took a detour via Budapest (three days). Any suggestion? One alternative I am thinking is hop over to Paris for a couple of days.

12. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Changui

Yess me! I didnt buy my pass yet and could use that :)

You should check out Krakow if you've never been there. Really worth a stop