El Sol Warsaw Salsa Festival 2017

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Apr 30, 2017.

1. He speaks Russian; helps with the elderly.

2. I actually like it when the floor is very slippery floor. That way I can just have dance in socks.

3. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

Socks slip even worse for me. I always keep my Capezio jazz shoes on hand for slippery floors (they are made of leather, but have a synthetic non-slippery sole under the heel and ball) .

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  4. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

I guess I am crazy too, just booked a flight to El Sol!

Sabrosura and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

I thought you were planning to skip warsaw sometime back. But...

You should take the sensual workshops :D Especially since you are moving to Europe :p

6. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

I was at sound garden too. I booked it of internet a couple of weeks before the congress and got a cheaper price than what was on the congress website. My buddy who was traveling with me, booked the sound garden only one day before we landed in Warsaw. Given the number of hotels around the venue, I don't see any problems getting a room.

BTW beware that the rooms in the Sound Garden are too small for sharing. The breakfast and food is excellent. I plan to stay at the sound garden again this year instead of the venue hotel.

7. Sabrosura

So are you in on joining us for the apartment too? Sounds like it's going to be me and three Israeli guys :D

8. Sabrosura

That was for last year since there was no way I could come from the US. Always planned to make it if I was in Europe, and now I will be :)

I got the Cuban pass :) Instructors looked better (for my personal learning interests) than the linear salsa ones.

9. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

I am considering it, but it seems inconvenient to sleep so far from the venue. Last year I slept at the main hotel and took a shower at 6 AM before I continued dancing to 10. And I am American Israeli :)

10. Sabrosura

Ok. I usually bring changes of clothes with me to NYC socials so am used to freshening up without having a room to run up to :p For me paying less than half the price of hotel (assuming a shared double room) is worth the 10-minute bus ride (maybe in absolute terms it's not that much savings, around $80, but since I'll be going to a lot of festivals, the savings will add up...), plus I prefer having a nice quiet place to rest as opposed to the festival hotel craziness :p

11. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

I love to save money, but I just did one better. I got a room at the Hampton Hilton Airport for 10000 Hilton points a night. They are worth around 40 bucks so I made out like a bandit :)

12. Sabrosura

That's still the same price as the official festival hotel, about 40 (euros so a little more in $) per night...

13. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

I got a whole room for that price...

14. -Being far from the music when you want to sleep looks like a great bonus.
    -Going back and forth every time you want to shower, on the other hand...S:

SnowDancer likes this.
  15. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

At the main hotel the economy rooms are far from the action so it is quiet. But not worth paying 400 Zloty a night, fricking crazy for a shitty three star hotel! I paid 25 bucks a night at Bachaturo two years ago, at El Sol it is quadruple! Not sure if I will go back to shower or not at the Hampton, I have six months to think about it;)

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  16. UchimaSalsa

UchimaSalsa Son Montuno

Honestly a lot of hotel/apartments are reachable in 5 to 10 min bus ride. Even faster if you take a taxi.
    I'm pretty sure you can be in bed faster with taxi than some people walking from the party to Okecie Hotel.

17. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

As long as you're on that main highway, the night buses run reliably every half hour. It's sometimes a matter of taste and budget, whether you want to be close to the action or get away from it.

18. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Taking a night bus in 32 degree (-5 Celcius) weather does not sound very fun to me...

19. Sabrosura

After 7 hours of sauna sweating, that sounds like bliss to me, step out in the cool air :p Also the buses are warm, it's the walking that is the problem if the apt is not right by the bus station (can't recall how far the one I booked is). Also there are taxis, with which you probably get less time in the cold air than with the 15 minute walk to the (non-festival) hotels SnowDancer mentioned.

We had -20C in Romania last two winters, so -5C is nothing :p

Also, sorry to be direct but you sound really sensitive for a salsero.. :p I go by the motto, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat will stop this salsera from dancing" :D

SnowDancer likes this.
  20. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

I moved to Israel to get away from the cold so I have a hard time agreeing with you!