Congress/Festival Reviews

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Offbeat, Jun 21, 2016.

1. LarsM

LarsM Tumbao

Lots of timba? Ugh, never going there then.

SnowDancer and Smejmoon like this.
  2. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Riga salsa festival was a blast, even though I was doubtful about that. Our salsa scene got eaten by kizomba and we basically had small, but quality almost underground parties. In 2016 festival took a break.

This year it was unexpectedly good. See rave reviews on the internet - they are right. The venue was new, so things got a bit rearranged after first night to better. Sound could be improved and location could be better accessible by feet/public transport. And it was unexpectedly hot. Weather was so good, we went swimming every day.

DJs were very good. Dancing was very good. Friendliness/emotions were very good. Hundreds of very good dancers came from Trondheim to Timișoara, from Rostov to Tenerife. From Singapore to Morocco. I did not have time to dance with all people that I wanted, to hang out with all I wanted. Slept very little, danced a lot.

Festival break till September, I guess.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    LarsM and UchimaSalsa like this.
  3. UchimaSalsa

UchimaSalsa Son Montuno

Dammit! I missed that one. I wasn't sure as it was a come back festival. I hesitated but the last minute plane tickets were too high.
    How many people do you think attended roughly?
    Are you from Riga?
    So would you say the city worth having a look for the kizomba scene now? Last time I went to a party there (3 years ago) maybe 6 people were on the kizomba floor including the DJ.

4. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

About 500.

Yes.

I have no idea, lol, I avoid it. But there are several parties every week and I think two kizomba festivals. The scene is not big, but it's growing. Music is better than 3 years ago.