Buzzing from last night . . .

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Terremoto, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Ron Snijders

Ron Snijders Tumbao

Yesterday's social was awesome! :) During classes, I built up a bit of a name for loving fast songs, so one of my class mates asked the DJ (who teaches those classes) to play something super fast. The DJ decided to do that three times during the night, and call both him and me out on it. And I'm managing to combine Dominican bachata with bachata moderna and bachata sensual, so expressing the music just got a lot better :)

Slowdance likes this.
  2. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

Vilnius is such awesomeness. Last night was small party with few people, but I danced with one of the greatest and loveliest many many times, she even made me to do kizomba and bachata, whatever - it is all good with her. She moves, she grooves, she leads, she follows, she puts her body and her soul in the dance. I left early, at 2am and walked half an hour in drizzle to cool down.
    Tonight Baltic salsa Orchestra played live, they were good, they even did sonido bestial for me. Bestest dancer invited me to dance in front of stage. Another lady much more into salsa, teaching and performing, but different emotions. And then many dances with couple other beauties. I start to appreciate dancing with few partners and enjoying it. Took a while. My first salsa crush from 2010 took me to hotel in her car. Happy to go home tomorrow. Thursday in Riga was also great. Much passion.

3. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

I absolutely loved this post. The sentiments it incorporates, the joy of salsa and appreciation of particular dances and also the endearing idiolect in which it is written. What an upper for the day! :) That and the lead who answered my request for a dance last night with a huge smile which continued throughout the lovely, musical salsa we had.

I'm sure Smejmoon loves being described as "endearing"... :D

Smejmoon likes this.
  4. Smejmoon

Me luvz my Engrish too. :p Note, that it was a 2am post and I was still high from salsa experience.

5. Ron Snijders

Ron Snijders Tumbao

And yet another great night! It was over before I knew it. There was a lady from out of town that had some serious chops and musicality, though I only got one dance in with her. Cuban classes are also paying off more and more, giving me options that most people don't expect, which is always fun :)
    And having more options also means that I'm managing to vary more, where I was starting to notice that I 'always' throw certain moves in sequence, simply because I didn't have many other options from certain hand holds / positions.
    And the movement classes are paying off more every week as well. They're a combination of basics, shines, rumba and Orishas and movements are making sense and flowing much more than they used to :)
    Also taking some popping & locking lessons, just to add some extra flavor to what I'm doing. After only two lessons I can't really do much of it, but the brutal isos are making my isos and overall movement in Afrolatin feel easier :)

Jag75 and calichris10 like this.
  6. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

Nice light and musical follow from Chicago!! Alvin what are putting in the water there? So far all the Chi town follows I have danced with have been awesome!!

alvinthethird likes this.
  7. Smejmoon

She said that she's from NYC, but there definitely is some Texas connection..

Anyway, great great dancer. Had an honour to dance with her on Saturday. Most recommend. She also sang a song while we danced. ;)

alvinthethird likes this.
  8. MAMBO_CEC

Maya from Hotlanta. Amazing breaks and hits ,damm I love Paris!

thepresenceon2 and SnowDancer like this.
  9. MAMBO_CEC

Well sort of buzzing from the weekend. Our SFer Cabaiguan, awesome awesome two dances!! I think you killed me with your pachanga footwork, so much fun..you've become soooo good, definitely on my NYC favs list. Angie V another one of my NYC favorite divas. So much musicality, I love our singalongs. Great to see some other SF folks out and about, Piel Canela, SONido (Mr. sauvecito!!). 123-567, was a pleasure to meet you(love your posts about the NY scene). Anna maria (yet another talented Romanian dancer), was so good to see you and dance with you after such a long time..(you still got it!!!!). Last but not least after dancing salsa in Paris, London and New York over the last couple of weeks and watching people do endless complicated turn patterns, it was a joy to watch two New York dancers, Junior "Prenda" Araujo and his 8 months pregnant girlfriend Crystal Rodriguez, just DANCE, no complicated turn patterns, just feeling the music, I hope someone captured it on video. It gave me goose bumps...peace:)

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  10. Resides

Resides Sonero

Yesterday we had a perfect hiking day in the mountains...clear blue sky...wildflowers starting to emerge, butterflies flitting about, etc.

It was difficult to get motivated for the evening Rueda but, as usual,the adrenaline kicked in as soon as the first clave clicked. 20 or so couples....great people but even better when my girlfriend is next in the circle. She gives me that smile that makes me melt, and we and we have that few perfect seconds together before moving on to the next partner.

As usual, on a high afterwards and at home we practice a couple of moves...look up Spanish words on Google, Youtube a few songs...have a snack, glass of wine, drop into that deep perfect sleep.

Jag75 likes this.
  11. azana

Hiking + salsa is a perfect day in my book! :)

With some overseas trips planned this year (salsa destinations include Tokyo and Los Angeles) I should actually be able to start posting on this thread again :D.

12. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

Just saw this. we do have some great ladies here!...too bad most of them don't come out social dancing that often.

Amanda rocks! I'm going to tell her shes got some more fans.

Smejmoon likes this.
  13. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

Isn't she SFer? I remember she used to be on the forum years ago!

14. Smejmoon

Buzzing can be overwhelming :) 3 nights was too much for me. Could not fall a sleep well on Friday and Saturday and on Sunday my foot control was lowlowlow. Still buzzing though..

15. azana

I'm in Tokyo :)

(I don't think I need to say anything more than that).

MacMoto likes this.
  16. azana

I couldn't stay long as I'm staying in Kobe, but lovely night at Cafe Rumbita in Kyoto last night. Grabbed by the resident teacher, Masanori, for the first two dances, a bachata followed by a salsa, followed by a big hug and a "hisashiburi!!" Silky smooth lead, new and original moves, super nice guy, definitely one of my favorite leads on the planet. Rodrigo himself was DJing, so the music was outstanding. I wasn't allowed to sit down during the lesson; Masanori stopped it, called out to me across the room and made me come and dance with him :). Simple pattern, but everyone got involved; it was more of a social exercise, creating a friendly and inclusive atmosphere. It's a very small club, but it was crowded and buzzing. Trying to leave before 11: "Why are you staying in Kobe! When are you coming back to Japan?" :)

17. Salsa Student

Salsa Student Pattern Police

Outdoor salsa dancing at Robson Square in Vancouver on Sunday afternoons, always amazing fun!

18. Smejmoon

It's one week already, but I'm still buzzing from Rostov, this is amazing.. still receiving messages from people I met there. Arranging dates in other fests.

smiling28 and thepresenceon2 like this.
  19. Ron Snijders

Ron Snijders Tumbao

Not last night, but I just came back from a new concept in a regular Sunday-evening social. They had a live band, and they're planning on having one every month! MAN, I have missed dancing to a live band! There was this raw energy in the room that made everything feel better. And now quickly off to bed, tomorrow's a work day!

Live2dance, LarsM and smiling28 like this.
  20. The dancing high from last night. I know that too good...lol