Boner in bachata (or kizomba)

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by Burritos, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Jannie

Jannie Changui

The other day I talked to a guy friend and he was anxious about this. Will point him to this thread lol

2. Hawaiianham

Hawaiianham Son Montuno

Okay here's some practical advice. I don't get boners when I dance, but I am a *cough* healthy individual. Get tight briefs and angle your buddy up. if you wear jeans and you get one, it won't seem like you have one because of the angle and usually your shirt hangs pretty low. Also, pretend to have a stomach ache and bend over when you do feel one coming if you don't have that. ;)

3. redsalsero

redsalsero Sonero

it happens :) only on special occasions for me theres 3 situations when its happening.

1: the girl is extraordinarily beautiful or i really like her looks even if shes not a supermodel lol(finding a new dance crush?). tough i try to keep my distance as subtle as possible without breaking our closed connection. if that doesnt work i switch to open dance position untill it wears off lol

2: its my dance crush and i know she likse to dance with me. i would still try to keep my distance but not much and i wouldnt really care if she would feel it by accident lol. and if im lost in the music well i just hope she doesnt notice it too much :D

3. the kind of women that immediatly dances in a sexy closed position. and we're sort of grinding. then ill just let it happen. but these situations are kinda rare.

some ladys use a technique to keep their lower body away from the private parts :) still havent figured it out how to explain it. but its a good way of dancing close without grinding. only your upperbody will be pressed against him ofcourse. and a man should never forc your lower body to his

4. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca El Sabroso de Conguero

This subject comes up quite often on the forum.

MAMBO_CEC and Groove On like this.
  5. Groove On

Groove On Son Montuno

:rofl:

DJ Yuca likes this.
  6. Sal Sero

Sal Sero Changui

This is why I don't wear thin pants anymore :D

7. Bradley Frank

Bradley Frank Son Montuno

That why I wear jean to avoid this. The only thing that happened to me was I got aroused by getting unexpected neck kissing & biting from half drunk drop-dead gorgeous lady when we danced bachata. :rolleyes:

8. razz

razz Changui

This happened to me yesterday in a kizomba class. The girl was attractive and wearing somewhat revealing clothing, tight jeans, belly button piercing, makeup, perfume, etc. It was a practice exercise, thanks goodness. My other head starting taking control, it's actually uncomfortable in that situation, because as I tried to keep focus on the dance. My friend downstairs started to develop a mind of it's own, it's sort a tug of war going on. It is very distracting to dancing. Lucky the practice move ended quickly and was relieved it was over. Also started getting self conscious if I have a massive bulge in the crotch area. I'm not sure what to do down the road, do I ignore girls I find too attractive to dance with? If they were ask me to dance, do I just not accept the offer. I don't want to come across a douche, but I also not rather be popping boners on the dance floor.

9. elanimal

elanimal Tumbao

This is pretty simple. Open hold. That's it.

If you must, you can 'adjust yourself' prior to dancing... in the privacy of a bathroom, away from prying eyes... to have your johnson pointing in the direction of your left leg, rather than right. It is usually your right leg that is between the lady's legs. However, if you're doing closed hold correctly, it's actually your thighs that touch and lead, and maybe upper chest, not your groin. Most guys won't have the problem of having their 'excitement' revealed if it's their lower thighs touching. If that is indeed your problem, well, congratulations.

Aurel likes this.
  10. Aurel

Aurel Son Montuno

You change hold to a more open position and make sure you don't get into contact in the general groin area.

With time and getting used to the dance you should be able to dance closely without having all the biological reactions going with it, but it takes time to get comfortable with the physical proximity, touch and smell of the dance partner. And of course if you are dancing it wrong and are actually grinding then it's inevitable for a healthy male, but that can be corrected by having correct dance technique, stand, hold and frame.

:dancingbanana:

11. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

Except that will fail when that guy is dancing with an over enthusiastic follower going in for tight embrace :D

p.s. - Sometimes it is the girls from whom guys have to try and maintain some distance when dancing. .

Aurel likes this.