2017 Berlin Salsa Congress Roll Call

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Sabrosura

Sabrosura Maestro 'Sonero' Lavoe

Not really. Nyc nowadays is very gentrified (including Harlem where you maybe went) and one of the safest cities in the world, despite what police movies show :p The only places nowadays that can be dangerous are far up in the Bronx or parts of Brooklyn (Flatbush). Whereas most salsa parties are in Manhattan.

So the only party that *maybe* is in a slightly shady location is Yamulee, in the Bronx, but even that is right by the main street and I've never heard anything unsafe happen there.

2. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

I think it's all relative :D For me places where drug addicts looking for a dose walk on the streets is a place to keep eyes open; for NYC - it's probably a neighborhood where they chop you up and serve in hotdogs.

And check the stats. All places where there are a lot of tourists are dangerous.

3. Sabrosura

Maybe in Europe and the US, but it's exactly the opposite in places where tourism is the main income source, like the carribean, where they protect tourists at all costs (even at the cost of the local population's wellbeing). In cuba for instance the police heavily patrols all the areas where there are many tourists, and they even do random checks on Cubans that look like they are out there to cheat tourists. But you won't see much police in places without tourists, they don't care about safety there so much.

4. Sabrosura

@Aurel @Cenicienta @SnowDancer @Smejmoon @Al Israel @Offbeat

I was going to suggest dinner on Sat but looking at the schedule, it looks like the afternoon social dancing goes from 4-9:30 pm when the next party starts and I assume some of us may want to dance almost nonstop so maybe dinner isn't a good idea. Looking at the schedule, it looks like there is a lunch break ok schedule at 3-4 pm -- after Olu Olu's coffee lounge and before the afternoon social dancing. Do you guys want to meet somewhere at the tempodrom at 3pm and go for lunch? (Workshops and coffee lounge end at 2:40) Smej can maybe suggest a good place to meet since he's been there before :)

5. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

I am open to anything including breakfast. But why wait till Sat :) half the even is over by then. Flujo will be there as well.

6. Smejmoon

Let's do late brunch? I'm not social, because I got party pass only, so Franko will not let me in coffee lounge. :) I don't know much of Berlin, last time I was there 2 years ago during congress.

7. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

I'm also open to anything. I'll be flying in friday morning and leaving on monday afternoon.

8. Sabrosura

Brunch doesn't really work, I'll be in Isabelle & Felicien's semba and kizomba workshops from 10am till 12 :) (I got the heavily discounted VIP pass a long time ago) and then the coffee lounge from 1 till 2:45 so could do 3 or later, I don't plan to join the afternoon dancing till 5-6pm probably.

9. Tomm

Tomm Tumbao

Iam fly in on friday evening and leave monday afternoon

10. Tomm

Tomm Tumbao

I gueess the social pass is also not enought for a little coffee and talk :)

11. Smejmoon

Really?

Social Party Pass, includes:
    Parties Friday, Saturday, Sunday/Afternoon Socials Kizomba & Salsa/Bachata on Saturday & Sunday, Stargate Shows, Seminars & lectures such as Olu Olu Coffee Lounge and Flairs of Dandy

What ever is Flairs of Dandy.

In good news, they invited bunch of good social dancers and gave them passes, to clean up the karma. So there will be some good dancing.

12. Smejmoon

Oh, we're gonna have some crazy party!

Chris_Yannick and Sabrosura like this.
  13. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

:D:D:D

As the festival is approaching, I'm starting to get really scared, so I guess anything that will distract me from trying to hide in kizomba room is a good thing.

14. Smejmoon

In Berlin it's called Das Grossekizombaarena. :) No worries noone will find you there willingly. :D

Sabrosura likes this.
  15. Offbeat

*no comments* :p :p

Sabrosura likes this.
  16. Offbeat

Errr like who?

17. Offbeat

Hide from whom?:D

Isn't there a festival in Bratislava the following weekend after Berlin?

18. Smejmoon

19. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

Hide from dancing salsa! I still consider myself mostly a kizombero and this is going to be my first proper salsa festival (not counting Prague salsa marathon next weekend). So I'm getting the jitters, thinking that I'll just embarrass myself, etc. The usual... :(

20. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

If you mean Bratislava Salsa International, then NOPE, it got cancelled and moved to october 2018.