2017 Amsterdam Salsa Festival Roll Call

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Son

Lol, how about a cheese meetup ? :p

Smejmoon likes this.
  2. Sabrosura

Sabrosura Maestro 'Sonero' Lavoe

Had a raclette dinner in Paris with some new salsa friends so a cheese meetup doesn't sound that enticing either :p

I was going to suggest dinner at an Indian restaurant (or some other Asian) :) Since I left the US I haven't had much Asian food and I'm missing it...

3. Sabrosura

@Tres Fort @Offbeat (@SalsaGipsy ? )

Ok guys I did some research and found our dinner spot and it's awesome!

http://foodhallen.nl/

Many food choices all under one roof so we can each have what we like :)

What time on Saturday? 7pm?

"A unique addition to culinary Amsterdam: the international indoor food market the ‘Foodhallen’
    Experience different food concepts and cuisines in a historical venue in Amsterdam

The ‘Foodhallen’ opened in ‘De Hallen Amsterdam’ – a newly renovated tram depot – in October 2014. The concept was inspired by indoor food markets like the ‘Torvehallerne’ in Copenhagen, ‘Mercado de San Miguel’ in Madrid and the ‘Borough Market’ in London. Wander around in the large loft-like space of the ‘Foodhallen’ and discover the very best “culinary Amsterdam” has to offer. Various hospitality concepts will serve a selection of small (signature) dishes for locals and tourists to enjoy. With over 20 different stalls, varying from Michelin star concepts to international ‘streetfoods’"

Tres Fort likes this.
  4. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

So, I'm going to try to go to the Friday party. I'll see if it works out at home. If not, Saturday or Sunday afternoon is still an option but let me first check for the Friday party.

Sabrosura likes this.
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

Thanks for all the research :). 7pm works. A little earlier works too. But latter won't.

6. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

I have been here since yesterday.

Chocolates in Paris @Sabrosura : how many did you eat? There is always room for chocolates :p

7. Sabrosura

Knowing my love for chocolate you must realize I ate A LOT of chocolate! Also brought back about 5 kilos with me so no way can I get any more :p

@Tres Fort Message me (and offbeat) your phone number and a photo...so we can recognize you on Friday night :) (I do not remember that meeting at LVG at all sorry :p )

8. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Son

That’s perfect! Thanks for organizing :)

I’ll send you my whatsapp number, we can create a groupe conversation.

9. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Son

If you’re going Sunday only, I can give you my pass as I’m leaving sunday morning. Dunno if it’s transferable ?

10. SalsaGipsy

No, Sunday is the one party I definitely cannot go to. Though I would have liked to check out the vinyl music.
    In general, my understanding is that you can transfer a pass only as a whole, not in parts, since they are going to put you a wrist band that you cannot remove.

11. SalsaGipsy

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was about to start preparing but the little monster had other ideas. When we got him to sleep it was too late already and I was too tired anyway. But tonight I'm not going to let it happen again! I have already dug out my dancing shoes and will see you on the dance floor! :)

Al Israel likes this.
  12. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Son

I did't see your post till now ! I guess I'll never know if I danced with you or not :p

13. SalsaGipsy

Yeah, I know. I managed to find Sabrosura but you and Offbeat I couldn't locate. So, we may have danced. Unless you spent your time in the bachata/kizomba area - I didn't check there. :)

14. Sabrosura

Weird, I told @Offbeat where to look for you and later he told me he had found you. @Offbeat , who exactly did you find because it seems it was not salsagipsy! :p

15. SalsaGipsy

Offbeat? :eek: Don't tell me I danced with you and didn't recognize you! The lack of sleep must be messing with my memory.

16. Tres Fort

Tres Fort Son

Haha no I was 95% of the time in the mambo room. I did find the others though. @Sabrosura didn't tell me where to look for you :p

17. Sabrosura

Because I only found salsagipsy after I danced with you, and I didn't see you again after we danced...

18. SalsaGipsy

Offbeat? :eek: Don't tell me I danced with you and didn't recognize you! The lack of sleep must be messing with my memory.

19. SalsaGipsy

Yes, I was also there most of the time. Only from time to time in the salsa room. Let's hope we did dance :) Otherwise you'll have to come back. :)

20. SalsaGipsy

So, did you guys go to this food place you were planning? Was it good? I've never been there.