10 Worst Salsa Dancer Types

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

This video has been going around for a while but I only now got round to watching it, and I see it hasn't been posted here, so here you go :) It should elicit laughs of recognition from most of us :p

Which of the 10 types have you come across / do you have around your scene / irks you the most?

Marcos likes this.
  2. Dissonant Harmony

Dissonant Harmony Rhythm Deputy

3. Sabrosura

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  4. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

Very funny send up !!

5. Marcos

Marcos Son Montuno

Funny.

I think that the type of person that is a "Mr. Look at me" also tends to be a "The Rockstar". Therefore I would have merged those two and put the most important one they didn't.

"pinball machine". That's the guy/gal that's constantly hitting other couples while doing turns.

Sabrosura likes this.
  6. Hilarious!!!! many people don't think about the first one - THE LAZY BUM! which makes it the most funny of them!!! thanks for sharing!

7. Sabrosura

Yep agreed about the two Misters :D

8. Sabrosura

Yep and also this type is so common that we've all encountered him at some point, and the way the guy portrayed him is really hilarious precisely because as ridiculous as it looks, it's not that far from reality :D

Marcus Body Coding likes this.
  9. Dissonant Harmony

Proud lazy bum here! :rolleyes:

10. Sabrosura

:eek::eek:

11. Dissonant Harmony

I'm dramatic enough of a person to have too much presence without even trying to make noise...:rolleyes:

Anyways, it's my lead that is lazy, not the dance. :D

Sabrosura likes this.
  12. Marisha

Marisha Tumbao

I danced several times with over dipper who stuck on spin cycle.:D:confused:

Marcos and Sabrosura like this.
  13. Marisha

Marisha Tumbao

This video about WCS types of followers, but I think, I see some similarities with salsa followers.:D

14. Marisha

Marisha Tumbao

15. Dissonant Harmony

Haha! I've seen many of this type of videos (or Bachata and Salsa dancers), but this is the first time I've seen ones on WCS. :D

16. UchimaSalsa

UchimaSalsa Son Montuno

Both wcs videos could be applied to salsa in fact. I don't know anything about wcs but it seems they have the sames issues.
    What is the on1 vs on2 war version in WCS?

vit, Marcos and Dissonant Harmony like this.
  17. Dissonant Harmony

I found the first video funny, because the first two 'types of follows' dealt with WCS-specific issues. (Hence - original and refreshing, for me).

As to your question:
    I'm not very knowledgeable in the field, but it appears that WCS has kept changing through the years, and so I suppose there might be some old-school vs new-school debates on 'how to do things right'.

18. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

The controversy ( if it still exists ) is whether or not to abandon the Coaster .The Coaster was/is one of the foundation steps used to commence the dance .

Dissonant Harmony likes this.
  19. MrR

MrR Son Montuno

The WCS videos are too short. That is the bonus point of the Salsa one. It allows you to think, understand and laugh during the video.
    But as I understand those two describe a randomly moving and a movement hindering counter lead (light and heavy, no or too much counter tension) with their behavior around the anchor step.
    From that perspective it is something I see on a daily basis.

20. Dissonant Harmony

I actually hold the opposite opinion:
    -I found the first (Salsa) video long and tiring. S:
    (I got the point, next!)